|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a seasoned planning manager with strong leadership, partner management skills, insight and supply chain knowledge with the executive presence to deliver our Cloud server plan.
This leader will be accountable for creating a server capacity plan which is: on time, high quality and provides the necessary explicability to justify the multi-billion dollar investment. To create this plan, the team are responsible for multiple functions including: scenario planning, constraint application, engineering systems enhancement, cross functional alignment, quality control and business intelligence. Given the growth rate of our business, the team need to do all this under tight deadlines and do more, better, faster every cycle.
This is a terrific opportunity in the Cloud Capacity Planning (CCP) group. This is the group that plans the cloud infrastructure for all Microsoft online services. This is a massive, global footprint - growing rapidly as Microsoft and our customers pivot to the cloud. It also costs billions to grow and operate annually, so the opportunity for business impact is enormous. Although we are part of Azure, we don't just support Azure, but in fact all Microsoft services including Microsoft 365, Xbox Live, Windows, Bing and more.
Within CCP, the Mid Term Planning team orchestrate and create the plan of record for forward-looking server capacity needs. Our plans are the basis for billions of dollars in CapEx spend, supplier agreements and long-term component supply strategies; not to mention supporting the worldwide customers of Microsoft's online services. Creating this plan requires us to wear multiple hats. On the business side, we work with several product & process teams to align on the demand forecast, product assumptions and data center capacity. On the engineering side, we work with multiple evolving input and output systems. On the financial side, we work with our partners to provide outlook to the fiscal year budget including risks and opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable to deliver server capacity plan that meets customer needs, while aligning with supply and execution policies, capacities, budgetary goals and contractual requirements. All while maximizing accuracy and minimizing churn.
- Management and career development of up to 5 team members
- Cultivate the relationship with the Supply Chain & Sourcing groups. Align on flexibility and throughput targets, while also comprehending and incorporating capabilities and constraints (ex. Lead times and last time buys).
- Cultivate the relationship with the Finance group including annual budgeting process and monthly outlooks with risks & opportunities.
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop features that support plan stability & accuracy, cycle time reduction and user experience.
- Envision and drive Objectives and Key Results for the team, as well as key input measures from other teams.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, business administration or engineering field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years for broad and deep product / supply chain / business planning experience.
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of planning systems (such as SAP, Oracle, E2Open, etc.) and business intelligence (SQL, Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.)
Atleast 2 years of team lead experience
- Masters degree preferred.
15+ years for broad and deep product / supply chain / business planning experience
- Leadership skills: Experience leading cross-functional teams on complex projects with many variables
- Management Skills: Experience managing a team in an authentic style that allows each person to have meaningful impact
- Clarity Generator – Can you take a complex system with multiple moving parts and be able to understand and explain the output succinctly?
- Collaborator – Great collaborators aren’t just easy to work with – they also raise tough questions, deliver bad news with grace, challenge others as necessary and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Great Teammate – We seek amazing teammates. People who help each other, solve problems together, motivate others, have fun and create energy.
Continuous Learner – Every planning cycle, we encounter new & challenging business requirements that test our ability to adapt and to keep learning. In short, we are looking for people with growth mindsets.
- Communication and Influence – Can you build relationships and influence people – from execs to individuals, across business and technical disciplines? Are you equally adept at leading cross-functional meetings or building rapport and personal connection in 1:1 conversations?
- Results oriented – Are you a doer who can span from strategic thinking to getting stuff done and consistently delivering?
BI, Metrics and Analytics – Are you able to identify themes and learnings out of data? Define the essence of a function and measure its success? Provide KPI that are clear to understand and can drive decision making?
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.