|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Gaming organization is seeking an outstanding writer and storyteller for the office of the Head of Xbox. This is a unique role with potential to create impact on the public facing story of Xbox in terms of products and executive platform. You will work with a world-class team of marketing, communications and PR professionals, passionate about bringing the power of gaming to every person on the planet. You will have the unique ability to think outside-of-the-box when it comes to telling great stories and delivering great speeches, create empathy at scale with your words, as well as be methodical in your execution and attention to detail. Project management excellence is a must, and experience in the games industry is preferred.
As the Exec Communications Lead (Storytelling), you will be:
- Copywriting and storytelling for blogs and scripts for Exec on external facing communications.
- Be the Exec voice for external communications for Head of Xbox.
- Working across stakeholders including PR, Marketing, and Chief of Staff to integrate feedback and maintain Exec voice in written materials.
- Strategic input on Exec thought leadership, relative to Microsoft Gaming’s position in industry.
- Copyediting on internal Exec communications, team-wide communications.
- Fact checking and detailed proof-reading on various communications.
- Project managing key external communications initiatives.
- Reviewing and supporting video and podcast production activities.
- Partnership with internal comms leads in Gaming and across the company.
- Storytelling, copywriting for external facing communications – 40%
- External press support – 25%
- Project management on communications initiatives – 20%
- Communications strategy setting & planning – 10%
- Exec social media planning and copywriting – 5%
- Approximately 8–10 years of communications experience.
- Approximately 5–8 years of professional writing or journalism experience in communications, marketing, storytelling.
- Experience managing media relations.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience with leadership communication efforts.
- Experience in Gaming or Entertainment PR and communications is preferred.
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media engagement is preferred.
- Experience in media production including video and podcast is preferred.
- Strong collaborator across many stakeholders, executive leaders and teams.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. Expect travel to be 0-25% once we re-establish a healthy environment for travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.