|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come work with Surface, Xbox, HoloLens, and products that have yet to be released to the market! We are the team that builds the software to ensure the customer is delighted with the device experience. Our software runs on the assembly line delivering solutions for all features in the products. Technologies include imaging, sensors, display, video, wi-fi, audio and others. We are looking for Software Engineers to create world-class software that interacts with our world-class hardware to build the next generation platform that will be used for future products.
A strong background in software/hardware or systems engineering on a wide variety of products, excellent technical and analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication, the ability to influence and produce excellent technical designs, experience leading highly capable teams and demonstrating a proven track record of shipping software. Technical strengths must include knowledge of hardware and software development and quality assurance. Knowledge of medium to high volume consumer product manufacturing, hardware production lifecycles, and new hardware product launch processes are strongly desired. You will work with a team of engineers to build integrated solutions that include hardware and software that will be deployed to manufacturing facilities. Along with providing solutions for specific product lines like Surface, Xbox, and HoloLens, you will participate in defining and building the next platform that will be leveraged by all hardware products. You will develop the software, owning the entire lifecycle from design and specification through implementation to verification and release.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience with C++, C# or similar programing language
- Experience with .NET platform and Cloud Services are a plus.
- Proven ability to execute in all phases of the software development life cycle, resulting in high-quality software, delivered on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention.
- Outstanding technical problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems. Exceptional communication skills which includes clear written and verbal communication as well as the ability to collaboratively identify requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.