|Job Type:||Full Time|
Did you know that Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide? Microsoft Azure Hardware and Systems Group is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. Azure Hardware and Systems group delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Microsoft Azure, Skype, Teams and OneDrive.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow, the ability to align customer and business requirements to long term Hardware Infrastructure needs is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, we are looking for dynamic, highly motivated leaders to lead strategic planning for hardware platforms. Primary objective is to work with business units, engineering, supply chain and finance teams to develop a comprehensive platform roadmap strategy and recommendation for executive leadership approval. For this role we seek an experienced Strategic Hardware Planner who is an industry professional and can distill the needs of our internal business partners, create long term Hardware roadmap in partnership with engineering, supply chain and product group representatives to ensure all requirements are met
- Lead cross-functional team including members from product groups, Software and Hardware Engineering, Supply Chain, Networking and Datacenter Strategy to build data-driven strategic frameworks for decision making.
- Partnering with engineering team members to gather and define Hardware platform design objectives and business goals.
- Engage with multiple business units and leaders to define future Hardware Platform roadmap and create recommendations for executive approval.
- Perform roadmap scenario modeling, financial modeling, and market analysis for the recommended Hardware platform factoring in performance, features, cost, and time-to-market tradeoffs.
- Drive internal alignment on Hardware platform POR and recommendations to executive leadership.
- Recommend internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partner teams.
- Create, maintain, and effectively disseminate platform roadmap and strategy to leadership team and stakeholders.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field/experience
- 10+ years industry experience leading technical programs or devices from ideation to delivery
- Knowledge of server technology and x86 architecture is desired
- Effective presentation skills
- Experience in aligning and presenting to executive leadership
- Proven customer obsession in prior roles where customer requirements were gathered and implemented into a product
- Product Planning and strategy alignment experience is desired
- Must have ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results by working across multiple organizations
- Experience working in Hardware Infrastructure Engineering Groups and business leaders
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven individual who can work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in an ambiguous business environment with competing business tasks
- Familiarity and previous experience developing programs through phase gate process is preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Project or similar project management software
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.