|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? We focus on bringing to life Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and we need you!
We are looking for a Audio Architect Engineer to focus on the wireless communication system design for next generation hardware products. A mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) to develop compelling innovative products. You will work with internal and external partners, select key strategic components, and help set the foundation for amazing products.
- Design Audio system architecture that includes acoustics, EE audio design, DSP, and networks.
- Define audio, mechanical, and electrical characteristics and specifications for audio system and their subcomponents (mics, speakers, codecs, algorithms, etc).
- Integrate new audio technologies into products from prototype phase to mass production
- Perform design reviews with Electrical and Mechanical teams to ensure audio requirements are met.
- Diagnose and solve typical audio issues such as noise, distortion, or other audio artifacts.
- Solve audio and voice tuning to ensure music playback, voice quality and voice recognition pipelines meet product specifications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience of Audio Design in consumer electronics.
- Experience in Acoustics and Consumer Audio Architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work including acoustics, audio ICs, embedded DSPs, etc.
- Experience working on voice, speech and audio signal processing, such beamforming, ANC, noise suppression, AEC, keyword spotter etc.
- Experience tuning audio, speech and voice enhancement algorithms on portable devices such as wearable devices.
- Experience conducting audio measurement and analysis tools (Audio Precision, Head Acoustics, Clio etc)
- Experience in acoustic test and measurement utilizing anechoic chambers, HATS, microphones, and speakers
- Experience with 3GPP audio standards & ITU-T standards
- Developed communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms across different management levels.
- Design for manufacturing and test experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.