|Job Type:||Full Time|
This skilled engineer will provide a key function for the compliance team through definitive radio regulatory compliance testing expertise and will be responsible for an exciting, cutting-edge family of products. Additionally, this detail-oriented engineer will prepare and schedule test programs.
Primary responsibilities include defining the radio regulatory compliance test procedures required for each product and coordinating those test efforts in the lab. This includes determining the correct test setup and measurements required, ensuring that the tests are performed correctly, testing the product and completing the necessary paperwork, selecting and maintaining suitable equipment for the various radio types in production or development and ensuring that the infrastructure to perform mandatory radio regulatory compliance testing and certification is in place. Other responsibilities include establishing, implementing, coordinating and executing radio regulatory compliance test plans throughout the development cycle for a product, tracking the new developments in the regulatory industry with respect to radio regulatory compliance requirements, maintaining documentation and providing input on radio compliance.
- Working productively and seamlessly as a member of a skilled team of compliance professionals
- Developing test procedures for radio regulatory compliance testing
- Creating test plans and performing tests as per radio regulatory compliance standards
- Writing test reports
- Maintaining suitable test equipment for testing different types of radios
- Developing test software profiles for different tests
- Tracking the new developments in the regulatory industry with respect to radio regulatory compliance requirements
- Coordinating all necessary worldwide radio regulatory compliance documentation, testing, and certifications
The ideal candidate should have a BSEE degree (MSEE preferred), and 2+ years of high-volume consumer electronics experience as a radio regulatory compliance test engineer. The candidate should have a working knowledge of RF principles, radio testing and design and radio regulatory compliance requirements (such as FCC parts 15, 22, 24, 27 and similar worldwide requirements). The candidate should have the ability to develop radio regulatory compliance test plans, analyze test data, write test specifications/procedures and interpret radio regulatory compliance standards for Information Technology equipment (ITE). Ability to work with ambiguities is a must. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to seamlessly work across groups and at all levels.
You must have:
- Good knowledge of radio regulatory compliance process
- Radio regulatory compliance test and mitigation expertise
- Experience with the RF test equipment
- Good understanding of cellular technologies- GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE and other wireless technologies like Bluetooth, 802.11 WLAN.
- Strong cross-functional and collaborative team skills
- A team orientation with superior interpersonal awareness
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- A good understanding of international radio regulatory compliance requirements for ITE (minimum for the USA/CA and EU - worldwide a plus)
- A working knowledge of SAR testing
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Excellent problem solving techniques
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- Ability to effectively define world-class processes in specifications and procedures
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.