|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Worldwide Learning division is looking for a high caliber and highly motivated skilling specialist to join our team and lead engagement in concert with our US Financial Services sales teams and customer segment. To meet this demand, we are looking for a talented professional with a passion for learning, a strong customer facing aptitude and the excitement to collaborate with account teams.
This is a highly visible position that will have significant impact. This role aims to create a skilling strategy and offer a set of learning opportunities for a portfolio of high-value customers to drive and accelerate adoption of Azure services. As part of this, you will be able to identify and recommend the best learning and development options for our customers using Microsoft delivered training, Learning Partner delivered options and even opportunities like gamification the customers can run on their own. The ideal candidate will have a strong program management background and ability to effectively interact with the account teams end-to-end. The candidate will also need the proficiency to help build programs for learners at various levels across the customer organization and to have strong project management and communication skills and be able to clearly communicate the value of our skilling program to our customers. This particular role is focused on Microsoft’s Financial Services engagement so experience with FINSERV industry programs, divisions and a people-network is preferred.
This position is primarily geared towards skilling execution on the Microsoft Azure platform: an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help organizations meet their business challenges. Demand for Azure services is growing, as customers are building, managing, and deploying applications on a massive global network using their favorite tools and frameworks. As this demand grows, so does the demand for training programs that help customers adopt and use Azure services.
This is an amazing opportunity to combine your passion around learning, technology, and customer service.
Is this you? If so, we want to talk to you!
- Work closely with customers to understand training needs and build extensive training proposals that will help them accelerate the adoption of Azure services
- Build strong relationship with customers leading to increased customer satisfaction
- Evangelize Azure training and certification programs at company and industry events
- Build and maintain a pipeline of training opportunities and provide regular forecasts
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to senior management
- Provide thought leadership around the importance of building technical capabilities with customers, and the best approach to do so in a scalable way
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to translate ideas into clear, high impact guidance for diverse technical audiences
- Orchestrate response and handling of communications when processes, procedures or delivery operations experience issues
- 5+ years of technical and pre-sales experience in the IT industry
- Experience working with Azure and/or the competitive Cloud ecosystem
- Strong organizational agility and ability to interact across all level of the organization; expertise in complex, multi-national environment and collaborating across groups.
- Proven large scale program management expertise with specific experience driving standardized programs
- Experience in technology skill development desired
- Proven experience as a trusted advisor in strategic projects or engagements
- Experience working with customers, with the ability to translate that experience into strategic insights that influence development and delivery of future technology training programs
- Excellent communications skills and executive presence; ability to represent Microsoft and be inspirational and influential in mobilizing customers around a culture of learning
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Azure certification preferred
- Experience working in the Financial Services ecosystem is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time
- Fluent English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.