|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) takes this mission further and creates systems that empower and enlighten Microsoft’s core functions including legal, finance, enterprise services, HR, procurement, and payments. One example is the system that processes all of Microsoft transactions, determining revenue per day for Microsoft.
Now you can help build the next generation of these products & systems. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, and inspire. Join us! This position is full-time and based in our Redmond, WA office.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location, and position details will be determined following the interview process.
- Design and develop distributed software services and solutions that are engineered for scale, availability, high performance, and high reliability.
- Own and deliver complete features including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping.
- Build responsive web experiences across multiple devices and browsers.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses while collaborating with businesses and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, out-of-the-box thinking, and a real drive for results.
- Contribute to our new cloud-based architecture leveraging technologies such as Apache Spark with Scala, Azure Event Hubs, SQL Azure, HD Insight, and Hadoop.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and evaluate if technologies fit our customers’ needs
- Drive a LiveSite culture within the organization to ensure services are functional, providing a positive user experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7 years’ minimum experience in Software Development or Software Engineering
- US Citizenship
- 7 years’ minimum experience in development and design working on high availability systems
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
- Experience with reporting frameworks, relational or NoSQL database experience, and test automation
- 2 years’ minimum in a Lead or Manager role
- Experience with direct, remote, and virtual teams
- Experience in supportability of a DevOps environment
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.