|Location:||Boulder, Colorado, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Kubernetes Service team is creating a world-class container management and orchestration services for the cloud and beyond. We are the team working on container solutions for Azure on both Linux and Windows. We have already built solutions such as:
* Draft - https://github.com/Azure/draft
* Brigade - https://github.com/Azure/brigade
Our charter is to define the next generation of cloud-native infrastructure on Azure. We are looking for software engineers who are excited about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes. Who also have a passion for building DevOps tools that make it easier for people to build, deploy and scale their software on the Azure cloud.
- Advance the capabilities of Kubernetes and auxiliary components on Azure
- Improve quality of service for Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service
- Accelerate development velocity for all engineers
- Balance pragmatism with vision; deliver continuous improvements to the team’s process and codebase
- Build automation to prevent and/or remediate service problems from becoming production incidents
(Require experience in 1+ of the 5 preferred areas below)
- Experience with container runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, runC, containers and how they are enabled by the underlying OS components. (Preferred)
- Experience with workload/container orchestration using Kubernetes or similar platforms. (preferred)
- Experience in Golang. (preferred)
- Experience in Linux. (preferred)
- Experience with terraform or ansible (preferred)
- At least 10 years of experience in commercial software development (required)
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. (required)
- Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed solutions (required)
- Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices. (required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.