|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest TCO is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Azure Cloud Firmware Engineering team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for Microsoft cloud hardware, innovation, quality, time to market, scale and sustainable that exceeds our customer’s expectations. We are looking for seasoned engineering manager with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight, and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
- Lead architecture, design and deployment of cloud scale Software and Firmware solutions that adapt to changing requirements over their lifetime.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to define, architect and spec highly scalable and reliable solutions for cloud scale workloads.
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of 3rd party Hardware, Software and Services providers. Manage successful deliver of projects.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a team of developers to architect and prototype solutions, using industry standard development flows, transitioning these to production-quality cloud-scale solutions
- BA/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of professional experience designing, developing large scale software solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience leading and managing large engineering team.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills, advanced design, and development skills
- Experienced with lower level firmware, driver, and protocol development
- Proven and demonstrable skill in C, C++ or Java and Experience with GIT or Visual Studio.
- Thorough knowledge of virtualization technologies and cloud services as plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.