|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Security builds and runs a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational “dial-tone” platforms in Azure to the systems that back offerings like Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, Azure Sentinel, and Azure Information Protection. We work as a team across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program management, security, and ML specialists delivering services which involve protection, detection, and remediation against adapting and evolving threats.
Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality, so anything done to facilitate the path to get secure, reliable, and effective features out is critical. Our mission in the C+E Security Division’s SRE team is to optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE handles bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview.
- Lead a team of engineers to design and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties (on an as needed basis).
- Recruiting and developing a team of experienced technical engineers.
- Current, active US DOD Top Secret Clearance or above is required along with the ability to upgrade to Top Secret/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph
- 7+ years experience as a Software Engineering manager with demonstrated technical & organizational leadership.
- 5+ years experience shipping distributed systems, services and highly available infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#
Must have ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements - to include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings - Microsoft Cloud Background Check
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience managing Site Reliability Engineering preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph is highly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.