|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in Technical Specialist for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) scenarios including Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) which enable customers to deploy VDI scenarios in Azure which will help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Technical Specialist for Windows Virtual Desktop Solutions which drive high priority VDI customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform. This is a customer facing role, serving as the expert for VDI, RDS, and Microsoft Virtual Desktop scenarios.
You will own VDI and WVD customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall infrastructure estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. VDI, RMS, WVD, Citrix, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Customer Engineers in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure scenarios such as Windows Virtual Desktop with customers, partners and external communities
Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. required
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- 10+ years’ experience selling & deployment of cloud services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud infrastructure technologies & Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, VDI, Application Management, Security
- Hybrid Cloud Experience: 3+ years of Hybrid Cloud selling experience in public/private cloud required
- VDI Experience: Previous work experience with VDI, Citrix, Remote Desktop Services, Application Virtualization, enterprise customer and partner for deploying infrastructure technologies required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- Deep domain expertise of client imaging, management, and deployment technologies required
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Management, Storage, Networking), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.