|Job Type:||Full Time|
To support Customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft Azure continues to increase its Regional and Zonal footprint across the planet with Trust. Microsoft Azure continues delivering highly available cloud services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality in these Azure Regions. And while we stay focused and committed to the Azure Expansion mission, the Cloud opportunity continues to Grow in an extremely competitive space. It is paramount for Azure to get to the Cloud customers first and with quality. We need to bolster the Azure Buildout investments to accelerate Region buildouts. We need to support Azure Services to work seamlessly in newer Region architectures and in newer Region Types. Having timely, broader Azure presence with Microsoft backed Enterprise Promises will provide Cloud customers opportunity to choose Azure as their cloud provider.
With this in mind, here is your opportunity to join the Azure Global Engineering team. We are establishing a new SWAT team focused on Buildout Acceleration and to enable Azure services to work in newer Region Types. There is huge opportunity to stay focused and work closely with Azure Compute, Networking and Services teams to build solutions and automate gaps in the current ecosystem.
We are looking for motivated, accomplished Software Engineers that are interested in making their mark with Azure Expansion Acceleration initiative and desire to join a newly formed team with immense growth opportunities!
- Strong collaboration skills, and be a good team player as we partner with engineering teams across Azure.
- Research, architect, co-develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
- Extensive development and unit testing.
- Solve manual issues through automation and tooling improvements.
- Collaborate on the design of the overall service with a strong preference for service readiness for new zone supporting region architectures.
- Lead the project and deliverables mentoring your peers along the way.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of experience as a software engineer, coding an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment outside of immediate team boundaries.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.