|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering to drive margin excellence and capital allocation rigor. We support cloud infrastructure, gross margin, and R&D investment for over 200 services across Engineering Groups.
The MSIO - Experiences & Devices (E+D) Investment Optimization Team is looking for a strong financial manager to partner with engineering leaders and teams within the Experiences & Devices engineering group. The Experiences & Devices engineering group is at the forefront of Microsoft’s vision to enable our customers’ digital transformation. The E+D engineering group instills a unifying product ethos across our end-user experiences and devices, bringing Windows, Office, and third-party applications and devices into a more cohesive Microsoft 365 experience. As a member of the E+D Investment Optimization team, your position covers a wide range of responsibilities which includes financial & data modeling and business analysis, strong business partnership, and the creation and ownership of efficient financial processes.
- Finance Rhythms of Business: Drive finance ROB for forecasting, target setting, and budgeting in alignment with Corporate and E+D timelines. Communicate required deliverables clearly and facilitate reviews with senior leaders in a timely manner.
- Business Partnership: Effective collaboration with Senior Engineering leaders, HR & Staffing partners, and a diverse group of engineering leaders, technical project leads, business managers, and cross-company finance and operational teams.
- Expense Analysis: Analyze results to understand performance against plan/forecast. Monitor trends and key levers, such as HC and vendor investment against plan/forecast assumptions. Recommend a course of action if risk is present.
- Financial Reporting: Publish executive-grade monthly financial summary highlighting risks and opportunities impacting bottom lines in a timely manner. Deliver quarterly financial and operational reviews with senior leaders. Clearly communicate results and recommendations to senior business leaders. Automate and improve reporting processes as much as possible within the confines of available tools.
- Month End Close: Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with MAP and GAAP. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and audit guidelines are adhered to. Identify and implement process improvements as needed.
- Resource Allocation Analytics: Drive close partnership with engineering leaders to drive resource allocation analytics and support strategic resource allocation framing.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience; 5 years preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects/priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong competency with Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Keen familiarity Excel modelling, PowerPivot and Power Query is also requiredMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.