|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Networking is building an agile team to help customers take advantage of 5G, edge computing, mobile networks, IoT and the cloud. We innovate quickly, collaborate, learn from experience and data, provide input to improve features, think creatively, laugh and have fun, all while solving challenging customer and partner problems. You will be at the center of an incredible storm of software, network, identity, IoT in a rapidly growing market. You’ll work directly with the world’s largest network carriers, interact with Microsoft’s most important enterprise customers helping them build, design and build private mobile networks and take full advantage of edge computing.
We're looking for highly motivated individuals who want to work in a startup-like environment. You will create architectural guidance, manage complex network carrier relationships and help deploy solutions that must delight our customers. Our market opportunity is huge, and our team is expanding.
- Engage with internal software teams to create and drive requirements based on customer input and business needs.
- Understand software deployment lifecycle.
- Drive KPIs with different stakeholders
- Direct interaction with external customers, network carrier partners, system integrators, and sales teams to understand requirements and drive customer scenarios.
- Be the go-to technical expert for networking questions and onboarding; explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth how the Microsoft Cloud, edge computing, and private mobile networking can benefit customers.
- Help customers and partners with proof of concept deployments.
- Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources working across Microsoft Cloud services.
- Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with Engineers, Cloud Solution Architectures, and Technical Sales Professionals
- Train other organizations within Microsoft to understand Microsoft networking solutions to better scale out and improve customers onboarding.
- Publish architectural guidance, best practices, “step by step” guides
- Build and validate sample solutions in our test labs
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast
- Self-motivation: quickly identifying what needs to be accomplished and getting it done
To thrive in this position, you should be a creative and analytical thinker, technical, and committed to excellence. Ability to lead complex projects with strong record of end to end delivery of high-quality products is a huge plus. You are willing to learn from our customers and your peers.
- 3+ years of related experience in technical roles with customers
- 2+ years managing software lifecycle of products.
- 2+ years of physical networking experience
- Passion for digging deep into customer scenarios and addressing them through technology or process.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leading without authority skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, plan, and track large scale programs.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Excellent written communication skills for mass audiences
- Experience operating, designing, and troubleshooting enterprise networks.
- Networking knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols
- Experience in deploying resources to cloud environments a plus.
- Experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.