|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
Are you an analytics wizard who wants to work your magic to build better products? Are you a believer in the power of data to influence and guide organizations? Do you want to be a change agent in creating Flipgrid’s community focused and data-learning engineering and community engagement team?
Flipgrid is hiring a Program Manager II, Analytics to help guide the business through explosive growth and impact community engagement decisions, campaigns and focus.
In this role, you will undertake investigations, build models, and proactively surface insights to help the Flipgrid organization make better decisions and design a better product as well as driving impact with our community engagement team. You will collaborate with engineering to solve critical and complex business problems and understand our community to drive insights.You will bring strong analysis andpresentation skills,and a tenacity to drive to answers inambiguous problem spaces.You will work directly with our leadership team to feed their passion for data and agility.
An essential part of sustaining our growth is smart, timely, and insightful use of data to guide product strategy and bring clarity. We are looking for an experienced data practitioner to continue this mission and build a team over time.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about data, and focused on delivering business impact. The candidate should be able to dissect business problems, formulate precise questions, and then map the questions into analyses to execute against using tools that integrate with PowerBI which could be Interana,Kusto,Scope orDatabricks. The candidate will be able to take this data and build meaningful dashboards that clearly convey insights and data to stakeholders. The candidate should be comfortable working with structured and unstructured data and have a growth-hacking mindset to work with available information to deliver high-quality findings. The candidate should also be an effective communicator, capable of delivering insights in a concise and consumable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences. This role is based in Redmond, WA.
- Undertakedescriptive and predictive analysisof product telemetry and marketdata
- Effectively communicate complex findings to product stakeholders, technical and non-technical, from featurecrewsto executives
- Partner with product stakeholdersacross engineering and our engagement teamto maximize the business impact of findings. Drive product-level changes to improve user experience, drive increased engagement and usage for ourcommunityof educators, and increase featureand usageadoption.
- Be aproactivethought leader and buildvision strategy for theanalystfunction inFlipgrid.
- Drive data and insights culture within theorg.
- Beadata SME and help increase insights and data fluency within theorg
- Partner with other teams to educate/leverage new techniques and tools foranalyses.
- Partner with product teams to design, execute and analyze results forexperiments.
- Able todissectbusiness and product questionsand map themintodataanalyses.
- Prior experience working on big data systems (e.g., Hadoop, Cosmos)
- Prior experience with ad hoc analysis tools (e.g.,AdobeAnalytics,MixPanel, Interana,Marketo)
- Comfortable working with structured/unstructured querying, withHive,Python,and/orScope
- Self-motivated,agileand driven, with a strong sense of urgency.Growth-hackingmentality to do what is needed to deliverresults.
- Ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate vision, requirements, and benefits to business and engineeringpartners.
- 3+ years of experience in applying advanced dataanalysistechniques to solve businessproblems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.