|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping drive best in class BI reporting and Analytics across the breadth of Microsoft Finance? Are you looking for a role that will challenge you to develop business acumen, leadership skills, as well as technical skills on emerging technologies? Are you looking to help drive impact via high quality Analytics and Reporting?
The Finance Data and Experiences team (FD&E team) is responsible for engineering and operating end-to-end data and experiences platform at scale. This team enables thousands of Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering users (from senior executives to field leaders) to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business. The FD&E team has a great opportunity for a professional with a combination of Business/Finance Acumen and Technical Skills to own Consumer Master Data, Retail Channel Reporting and Windows Activation Data.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who has a proven record of successfully building and supporting products/platforms/master data foundations for business stakeholders. A successful candidate will be comfortable partnering closely with business stakeholders, understanding their business needs and scenarios, translate these into technical specifications and capability requirements, and subsequently work with our engineering team to have these delivered. We are looking for a self-starter with a strong drive for making the complex simple, to lead a v-team in designing and implementing BI reporting / Analytics solutions, and own the vision and implementation plan to enable Microsoft finance team be seen/known as a leader in this space. This is an opportunity to gain experience working across a breadth of Microsoft businesses as well as learn technical skills like Power BI, SQL Server, Cube Development, Advanced Excel and other BI related technologies.
- Own the end to end vision for reporting and analytics for supported business including project/sprint management, communications, requirement gathering, support orchestration, executive status updates, business partner relationship management, and drive evangelization and education efforts for our owned solutions/tools
- Lead design framework and help architect Data solutions to support Microsoft’s business, resulting in actionable roadmaps thru deep understanding of key business scenarios to define clear requirements
- Partner and envision with business finance team to design robust reporting, and analytic solutions to meet the complex needs of the business. Partner with other BI PM, engineering, data science, and corporate system organizations leads to jointly define execution strategies across the different programs’ priorities
- Translate finance and business opportunities into a clear and consumable action plan by bridging business needs with technical specifications and capability requirements
- Define development standards, approach and ensure all reporting and solutions accrue to our end state vision
- Work across FDE team to build/support well integrated data sets for analytics and self-serve reporting
- Develop and implement optimized processes & instrumentation to enable best-in-class customer service
Own execution, change management and communication for reporting / analytics
- Work closely with the business finance team to deeply understand, define key business scenarios, and requirements
- Lead a v-team of multiple report authors / BI professionals
- Ensure all user facing reports, analysis and solutions follow a consistent approach and follow agreed upon standards
- Communicate and oversee the all stages of development, test and deployment.
- Find process improvements, and ensure we continue to deliver best in class tools and capabilities for our business partners and users
Shape the FDE, and wider Finance organization by providing training and coaching
- Formally and informally teach advanced BI concepts, reporting, modeling, and be a thought leader for evolving the BI capabilities in Microsoft Finance
- Drive evangelization and education efforts for our solutions and reporting, including showcasing inside and outside of Finance
- Mentor Finance employees interested in developing PowerBI/Excel modeling skills
- Proactively share best practices / latest trends with the broader FDE organization
- Engage with product teams (Power BI, Excel, SharePoint) to provide product and feature feedback
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, MBA or other technical/quantitative discipline
- At least 5+ years of previous experience as a Financial Analyst, Controller or Finance Lead, and/or as Technical Program Manager
- A great attitude, and a desire to excel and grow both personally and professionally
- A deep desire to partner with and learn from business partners, and enable best in class customer solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced/changing environment
- Ability to drive results through others
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders, work streams and prioritize as needed, including pushing back
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Previous development experience and familiarity with Azure a strong plus
- Advanced SQL / Power BI Modeling and Reporting authoring skills including working knowledge of VBA and DAX
- Experience managing project backlogs and prioritization via Azure DevOps or similar tool
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.