|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Developer Audience Marketing team is seeking a passionate and experienced audience marketer to engage the developer and developer decision maker audience - within our top customers and around the world. We need someone who can break through the noise, meet developers where they are, and land Azure’s value proposition. We are looking for an audience-obsessed marketer with a deep passion for developers, collaboration, and for building great nurture experiences.
In this role, you will build programs and offers for our field to use with developer decision makers in our top accounts. You will be the primary interface with our technical sales and commercial partner teams – you will identify your audience’s needs, define and run experiments to grow developer contactability and nurture, and define scalable programs and offers that can be run globally.
You will also own our long-term vision for broad developer identification and nurture. You will connect dots across organizations, build consensus, and be the champion for the developer audience with your stakeholders to ensure that our global developer marketing programs balance authenticity with a connection to the business.
The team is looking for someone who deeply loves both the developer audience and the developer marketing discipline; someone with a passion for understanding what developers need and to help them do more; someone passionate about engaging in developer and developer decision maker communities; and someone with innate curiosity and sense of results-based experimentation. We are looking for a team player that believes the best outcomes are derived from diverse experiences and points of view. If this role excites you, join us on our quest.
As an Azure Developer Audience Product Marketing Manager, you will…
- Marketing strategy: Define and own Azure’s marketing strategy to identify, nurture, and engage developer decision makers within Microsoft’s top customers in a scalable, relevant and authentic way
- Scalable programs: Build global programs and offers that our Corp and field marketers will land with the developer audience
- Cross-team collaboration: Build and lead a collaborative cross-company virtual team of key internal partners across the company. You will drive the execution of your programs and offers into the developer community
- Business management: Drive a data-driven approach to developer marketing, reporting insights and business impact of the team’s audience engagements to measure effectiveness of your programs and offers
- Market analysis: Own a competitive understanding, and point of view, on how our program compares to other experiences in market today, and ensure that Azure is engaging, relevant, and credible
Basic qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of marketing experience, including experience running global campaigns to achieve business goals
- 3+ years of developer marketing, evangelism, advocacy, or developer community management experience
- 2+ years of experience building or managing a global developer engagement program
- Experience or strong passion for meeting the needs of field marketing or customer sales teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and inspire skeptical internal audiences
- Growth mindset – someone who is not afraid to experiment, learn, and adapt
An ideal candidate will also bring some of the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional developer experience, preferably solutions using cloud or open source software
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience building a high touch engagement program that is executed at scale through other organizations
- Experience building and using core marketing deliverables, including messaging frameworks and personas
- A relentless drive for continuous innovation and improvement, and for changing the status quo when there are opportunities to do things more effectively and better
- A solid understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends is a solid bonus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.