|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Device Partner Sales (DPS) organization is responsible for partnering with the world’s largest device and technology companies to ensure that Microsoft’s products and services are available on compelling devices across form-factors world-wide. In doing so, DPS generates a significant portion of Microsoft’s revenue and profit.
As the Marketing Investments Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team in DPS that is responsible for defining strategy, developing pricing programs, and making strategic investments with Microsoft’s largest and highest potential OEM partners to drive revenue, device innovation, and win share in the fastest growing device categories. This role will be responsible for managing a large nine-figure marketing budget, including determining marketing investments across OEM partners, setting strategic investment envelopes, supporting special projects, and driving an evolving ROI and performance discipline. This position will work closely with senior stakeholders within DPS and across the business groups to develop and execute investment priorities with a high attention to detail and proactive ongoing engagement. We seek a determined, analytical, creative, and experienced business leader to join us in evolving this critical capability.
More specifically, this individual will be responsible for:
- Manage investment of a significant OEM discretionary marketing budget
- Manage dynamic allocation of budget across partner co-marketing programs, strategic investments, special projects, pricing programs, etc.
- Establish and refresh marketing budget priorities, processes, and accountabilities against overall DPS priorities
- Build business case and support to secure fiscal-year budgets
- Drive an ongoing and evolving accountability discipline with all stakeholders
- Learn and serve as subject matter expert on budget and usage-related topics
- Manage, evolve, and improve the discretionary marketing ROI and performance management discipline, including metrics, monitoring, and reporting
- Presenting investment performance and strategy to CVP leadership across Microsoft
- Partner across groups including DPS senior leadership, finance, Engineering Groups, account sales/marketing, portfolio planning, legal, operations, and finance to build, validate, and land different aspect of the budgeting or performance management disciplines
- Guide leadership decision-making with best-in-class analytics and cohesive rational
As part of the Pricing, Deals and Investments Team, this role will have the opportunity to be involved in the formation and execution of frontline strategy and enabling investments.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of complex business problem structuring, data-driven decision making, problem solving, business analytics, and the ability to inspire confidence in senior leaders and motivate members across a virtual team.
A minimum of 4+ years of experience in budget management, investment management, strategy consulting, finance, project management, accounting, or relevant experience is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.