|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Microsoft Cloud is built on the three pillars of Storage, Compute and Networking. Azure OneDeploy is a part of Azure Compute. We safely stage and orchestrate deployments and repairs for both customer as well as infrastructural services on a global scale, across millions of virtual machines while maintaining high availability guarantees at our end on the customer. Our work is used by third party Microsoft customers, first party Microsoft services like HDInsight, SQL Azure, Cosmos and IndexServe, in addition to core Compute, Cloudnet and Storage infrastructure. This work holds the key to unlocking rapid innovation while providing the most up-to-date services, and it has a multiplier effect for the entire company as it delivers on a smart underlying infrastructure for everyone to use.
This position is for an agile and fast-moving engineer within OneDeploy focusing on one or more of the following problems:
- Change management at all layers (infra/customer, public/private) in a coherent way from standpoint of safety, staging and impact.
- Orchestrate change management (code, data, config) with changes in dependencies, repairs, scale/up down and other activities at all layers of the virtualization stack.
- Collect and reason about health of targets across the Azure Stack.
- Deliver great change management velocity.
- Orchestrate change in co-ordination with customer preferences.
- Deliver awesome customer value in managing their deployments on Azure such that they find Azure is the easiest and safest places to run cloud first services as well as traditional enterprise IT.
- Enable experimentation, flighting and testing in production.
The position requires the expertise of distributed system design, large scale service coding capability and service analytics. If you are expert in these areas, you will find yourself applying your knowledge, validating your work in the fast-growing Azure cloud platform, and enjoying great sense of accomplishment.
We offer you a strong team and culture that invests in new technologies and in our people for the long term. While we design as a platform, we ship constantly in an incremental fashion. The emphasis is on solid long-term design and incremental shipping with high quality and adapt to early customer feedback
- Build solutions that enable customers to focus on business layer and automate/simplify provisioning and deployment on Azure.
- Work with open source technologies and with internal Microsoft teams and products to ship solutions.
- 3+ year of commercial software development experience
- Proficiency in C/C++/object oriented programming
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.