|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is re-imagining learning and development with the objective of building deep technical capabilities within Microsoft and externally, and creating a world class learning program that spans modalities and skills for critical job roles. Our product development approach is learner obsessed, data driven, innovative, and business aligned, and places the learner at the core of our various initiatives.
As part of the Global Technical Learning organization, you will work across not only Worldwide Learning, but with business teams across Microsoft, and with customer/partner groups to refine and grow our training business to ensure that Microsoft has a rich ecosystem of skilled employees, partners, and customers to aid digital transformations.
INFO HERE ABOUT THE ROLE
Strong cross-group collaboration will be critical to your success. You will embrace an end-to-end view of our training business and drive operational excellence into the teams that conceive, develop, publish, market, and deliver training products to our customers. Your focus on training development projects for English and localized titles from title planning through to release and channel distribution will enable you to effectively understand, compile, and communicate to external partner and trainer audiences the cross-portfolio and cross-product view of WWL’s release and maintenance plans. As our business requirements and learner journeys evolve, you will help define and message the value proposition for our trainers and partners to embrace and incorporate that evolution into their own business success.
You will also contribute to new product strategies, determining operational implications and coordinating with support to define short- and long-term customer support solutions. You will serve as a voice of the customer to our internal content development teams, representing the needs of multiple stakeholders, whether partners, trainers, or learners. As part of that work, you will engage with partners and trainers on support forums, providing the business response when required, or identifying appropriate stakeholders within the business to engage on topics important to our partners.
You will drive third-party publishing and distribution relationships for Microsoft Official Academic Courseware and Microsoft Press, establishing and managing a rhythm of the business with those publishing partners, and defining and implementing the strategic roadmaps.
You will be a team player within the Training Product Management group, lending support and expertise to others as required, and working to support others’ priorities.
- Drive operational excellence into the end-to-end product process, from product conception to partner delivery and learner consumption.
- Communicate effectively to provide a cross-portfolio and cross-product view of WWL’s release and maintenance plans to trainers, partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Go-to-Market team to ensure adherence to marketing guidance, branding and positioning.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal content and program teams. Evaluate, understand, and communicate internally the customer and partner feedback captured by WWL’s external listening systems.
- Effectively address escalations from external partners and trainers, whether handling directly or driving for appropriate resolution through others.
- Own the overall strategic vision and plan for Microsoft Press and Microsoft Official Academic Courseware.
- 5+ years in training or publishing industry roles, with demonstrated business impact delivered by strong project management and communications skills.
- 3+ years in operations management, including defining the operational solution for and orchestrating the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- 3+ years managing third-party suppliers or partners.
- Knowledge of training and certification industry and products and channel partner business models.
- Deep understanding of training content including different modalities, ecosystems and market trends.
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Experience working with technical teams to enable deployment of products or capabilities in an agile environment.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and difficult conversations with poise.
- Ability to drive cross-group collaborative efforts on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Drive for results. "Can-do" attitude and persistence. Proven track record of success, determination, and curiosity.
- Adept at collaborating within a highly matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management, stakeholders and at events internally and externally.
- Successful candidate will possess the maturity and experience needed to manage complex programs and projects and solve problems with minimal coaching.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.