|Job Type:||Full Time|
The goal of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFPA) team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft's financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Finance Managers in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modelling and analytics. As a Finance Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency and process transformation projects.
The Commercial Field Planning Team within CFP&A is a catalyst to Microsoft’s growth and transformation and owns the end-to-end Planning (Semi Annual Target and Budgeting) processes for the Commercial Field Sales organization. This is an end to end revenue role partnering across engineering, field, and sales strategic finance. We are looking for a strong, experienced, and hands-on finance and BI/data analytics professional who has a proven track record of partnership and delivering results, and who is passionate about enabling financial processes, modeling and analysis through Microsoft BI technologies. This role is an integral part of our overall Commercial (GSMO) Revenue Field planning processes.
Are you looking to have broad impact and accelerate growth? Would you like visibility to Microsoft's senior leaders? Do you want to be at the central hub and learn holistic view of Microsoft businesses? If so, this could be your next role with Microsoft.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Envision and partner across teams to analyze commercial revenue drivers and market data using SQL or Microsoft BI technologies for Commercial Revenue Targets and budgets across engineering, field, and sales strategic finance.
- Drives Services revenue integration with Commercial Business for Target/Budget Process for Microsoft Central Finance owned processes, including evolution of design requirements for tools and processes.
- Deliver Field Annual/Semester Targets cascade and support Field in Budgeting and restatements ensuring governance and controls.
- Partner with tool team to ensure timely, agile, and intelligent tool support to enable accurate and efficient rhythm deliverables, including simplification efforts as required.
- Supports Planning tool transformation through partnership with Microsoft Data Engineering/IT teams
- Transformational projects to drive positive impact on the finance employees, function, and the business.
- BS/BA degree with relevant work experience required; MBA/CPA or equivalent are a plus.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, financial processes, data modelling, data analysis, and business partnering.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in SQL required, Power BI/PowerPivot/VBA are a plus.
- Experience defining business requirements, with ability to develop rapid prototypes and proofs-of-concept to test effectiveness of said requirements and accelerate time to production.
- Familiarity with Microsoft financial processes and reporting technologies & systems, such as MS Sales, Mercury, MS People, Plancast, MSRA, etc. preferred.
Desired attributes and skills:
- Problem solving attitude which thrives on addressing complex and ambiguous challenges and problems through data and analytics.
- Passion for Data, BI and analytics to drive business value.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, prioritization and organization skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Discipline, maturity and drive for results and impact
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.