|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission at Microsoft Teams has always been to help people connect and collaborate but after COVID-19 changed the ways in which we could connect and collaborate our mission became a responsibility. Teams is now essential for schools, healthcare professionals, businesses, and families to stay connected and we are humbled and honored by this incredible responsibility.
On the Media Services Team within IC3, we build all the services that power Microsoft Teams and Azure Communication Services. We have an awesome responsibility and we are looking for a Software Engineer 2 to help us fulfill it. Together we will need to solve some very difficult problems that require custom engineered solutions that need to be highly fault tolerant to ensure we can connect everyone and keep them connected. The work we do together will impact millions of people around the world who depend on us to learn, work, and ultimately continue with their lives.
- Help create a new and innovative architecture that will allow us to easily and rapidly support new meeting scenarios.
- Help improve and simplify the effort required to create new services for 1st and 3rd party developers
- Help improve and simplify our approach to high availability and disaster recovery
- Participate in on-call rotation to help resolve outages and customer issues and develop ways to prevent future incidents
- Analyze telemetry and monitoring to gain insight and improve reliability and performance for our millions of customers around the world
- 2+ years active software development
- Experience building highly available cloud services
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Good cross group collaboration and communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on platforms that supported millions of users
- Familiarity with video transport technologies such as RTP, RTMP, HLS or similar
- Experience building performant, highly available services using Linux containers
- Experience with container-orchestration system such as Kubernetes or Service Fabric
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.