|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on meaningful and impactful projects that make a difference? Are you eager to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us, where you can find more than just a job as a Partner Development Manager (PDM). In this role you will help ensure success of our partners by developing new Microsoft Cloud-based solutions and practices while concurrently accelerating growth of those solutions.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available business development & strategy intern roles including the one described below. To be considered for an MBA internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as an MBA student with a minimum of one semester or term to complete after an internship.
As a PDM you will drive capacity planning to ensure partner readiness to increase sales and market share. We are looking for a great individual, who can offer up new ideas, articulate these ideas, and design presentations to support our customer and partner communications with the Worldwide Commercial Business Team.
- Identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing opportunities in support of the partner strategy, including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics)
- Assessing the economic value/business impact of new solutions and potential deals under consideration
- Structuring deal terms and developing a negotiation strategy
- Shadowing members of the Business Development team on negotiations
- Communicating with multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment and approval
Developing and Recommending Partnership Strategies
- Developing partner strategies and engagement plans for different product groups, including feature gap analysis, compete reviews, build vs. partner assessments, and identifying opportunities that drive unique business value
- Identifying key partnerships to execute on the plans
- Presenting recommendations to engineering and marketing stakeholders
- MBA degree (pursuing with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship)
- Experience in selling software solutions to large enterprises preferred
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and desire for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Some understanding of cloud computing, Microsoft Office 365, or devices preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.