|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join Microsoft’s Modern Life, EDU, and Devices BD group on the Education Team. We are focused above all on driving positive outcomes for students and learners. In order to do that we will work towards (1) creating a vibrant ISV ecosystem for the Microsoft Education platform by partnering with strategic ISVs who are core to the platform’s success, and (2) growing Teams for Education usage and engagement by partnering with category-leading ISV partners and curriculum publishers to enhance virtual classroom scenarios.
We are looking to add a Business Development Manager to focus on a set of remote learning scenarios, among other strategic initiatives in support of the Education Business Development team’s goals and priorities.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in implementation of business and product strategy, translate these strategies into a partner plan and identify partnerships that can accelerate our business growth beyond our owned and operated properties.
- PartnershipExecution: Assist in identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), and assist with structuring deal terms and negotiations. Communicate with internal stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Help drive complex deals and drive less complex deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk while adhering to core deal principles.
- Deal Governance: Monitor deal performance for moderately complex deals and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Support maintainance of ongoing relationships with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- Relationship Management: Establish a network of relationships across the industry with potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. plus retain, manage, and help grow a portfolio of partners.
- Euducation Technology Industry Expertise: Develop industry expertise including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development knowledge with demonstrated analytical and business modeling skills
- Passion: Must be passionate about education technology, technology in general, and creating great customer experiences and commercial services.
- Positive Attitude: Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-disciplinary virtual teams to help drive key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment, including ability to communicate and influence various internal stakeholders and across functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal).
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Minimum of 3+ years of business experience in investment banking, technology, consumer, enterprise, consulting or related industry.
- Bachelor’s in business or related field or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Internships will be considered as applicable experiences.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant experience in structuring, influencing/negotiating, and managing commercial deals and/or acquisitions.
- Engineering or business degree.
- Experience in any subsegment of education (K-12 or Higher Ed) or a demonstrated passion for and support of Education and Education Technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.