|Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, Bridgewater Township, New Jersey, Edison, New Jersey, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Life Sciences Industry Executive drives customer outcomes by demonstrating Industry Transformation Leadership and by engaging directly with line of business to identify, generate and nurture new opportunities, while leveraging the value of the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Establish deep relationships with key line of business decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption as means to resolve business problems within their company.
- Understand customer’s business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate and grow opportunities, in partnership with the sales team, for deployment of Microsoft and/or 3rd party cloud industry solutions to deliver tangible business value.
- Drive digital business outcomes for your customers across in response to customer & market demands.
- Drive the deployment of industry solutions based on all three Microsoft Clouds and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers for customers. The specific customer set will be pharma/biotech and medical device companies.
- Drive Partner wins and mutual trust with co-sell prioritized solution partners through joint account planning in all accounts and actively selling with partners.
- Support envisioning and accelerate customer engagement through Executive Briefings, customer workshops, industry specific events that put the success of the customer front and foremost.
- Create repeatable customer success stories to grow Life Science industry knowledge of sales teams cross-segment.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Thought Leader internally/externally by growing Life Sciences industry skills & capabilities across internal sales teams and Life Sciences community to deliver high impact
- Aspects of this role will focus on clinical trials, compliance (GxP, 21 CFR Part 11) and/or supply chain/manufacturing.
- Role will model learn-it-all culture by developing and maintaining strong sales skills to identify, assess, validate, and influence customers’ needs and vision for Digital Transformation.
- 8+ years overall expertise in Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech) and/or Medical Devices
- Experience in Pharma or Medical Device manufacturing/supply chain and or clinical trials is a must
- Prior industry experience working at a Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech) and/or Medical Device company
- Life Science compliance experience (GxP, 21 CFR Part 11) is strongly preferred
Significant solution selling experience in Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech) and/or Medical Devices is strongly preferred
- Industry specialized sales or consulting background within an IT Consulting or Services company is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA desirable
- Relocation is not available for this position; ideal locations NY, NJ, PA, MA; Ability to travel up to 50% (once safe again) at times is required
- Strong Business development, Market development and sales skills
- Proven track record of solution sales or consulting in a competing or partner company
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Executive communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; competing cloud service providers and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, AWS, Google
- Proven track record of delivering on results on short-term, mid-term, long-term.
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth, consumption, usage). Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) and effective marketing engagement to drive replicable customer references
- Executive communications, engagement, and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and offerings
Trust and Compliance: Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
Diversity and Inclusion: To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.