|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a Virtual Internship
Research Internships at Microsoft provide a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally-recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
This is a fascinating chance to show and sharpen your skills in computer vision and machine learning with cutting edge research topics in industry. During this internship, you will work closely with leading researchers in computer vision, practitioners, and software engineers to generate and evaluate state-of-the-arts. You will be encouraged to summarize your research outcome into scientific papers or to be incorporated into new products that change our world.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice. Alongside fellow doctoral candidates and some of the world’s best researchers, interns learn, collaborate, and network for life. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
Work with an interdisciplinary team on real-world applications of computer vision, machine learning geared towards applications for devices.
Develop novel machine learning models and algorithms for computer vision or graphics applications.
Design and evaluate machine learning experiments.
Write and present your findings in technical documents or papers.
In addition to the qualifications below, you’ll need to submit a minimum of two reference letters for this position. After you submit your application, a request for letters may be sent to your list of references on your behalf. Note that reference letters cannot be requested until after you have submitted your application, and furthermore, that they might not be automatically requested for all candidates. You may wish to alert your letter writers in advance, so they will be ready to submit your letter.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Master's or PhD program in Computer Science or a related STEM field
- Knowledge of machine learning models and algorithms; typically, this means that you are enrolled in a PhD program in the area of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics or a related field and have demonstrated proficiency through one or multiple publications at relevant venues;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Experience in software development practices and one or multiple of the following programming languages and libraries: Python, C++, OpenCV, TF/PyTorch/Keras;
- Experience in handling and processing large datasets of videos and images;
- Working knowledge of basic computer vision tasks of segmentation/detection/object tracking/classification, signal processing – such as signal denoising, signal extraction, etc;
- Experience with any of the following:
- Computer graphics, and related technology stack, e.g. Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Rhino, Unity, OpenGL, GLSL, CUDA
- Image quality metrics, high-definition imaging, image enhancement
- Biomedical applications of computer vision
- Deep learning model quantization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.