|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Program Manager (SME): Energy, Travel and Transport and Solution Areas
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help top global companies use cloud computing to solve some of their most challenging issues by helping to build high quality software? Would you like to gain the deepest customer insights on maximizing the value of the cloud and taking that knowledge back into the underlying technologies themselves?
Following Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team enables high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our Intelligent Cloud and Edge.
We are hiring a Senior Program Manager as a member of the Program Management Office (PMO). We’re looking for someone who has strong technical skills on Azure and the ability to interact with senior people in the organization in an effective way. Your role will be to triage the ask coming from the Account Teams and the Cloud Solution Architects (CSA). You will be the industry expert within the team, and you will interact heavily with the CSE Industry Teams and with other PMs. You will deeply understand the technical requirements and other aspects of the requests and then you will make recommendations for the Industry team in CSE on how to further invest in the development of the opportunity.
You will have the executive presence and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to deal with multiple teams and senior people both in Microsoft and in the Customer organizations. As part of the role, you will use your industry experience to contribute to various Microsoft groups, providing feedback and influencing the roadmap for future product releases. Finally, attention to details, passion for data driven decisions and strong collaboration and orchestration skills are a must.
- Run and ensure consistent triage process applied to all requests for CSE
- Help your team members to scope customer engagements focused on clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Land projects with appropriate group if not a fit for CSE
- Build durable relationships with key stakeholders in other MS areas (Commercial, Technical, Product Group, Partners)
- Collaborate with the other senior members of the team to share insights, practices and data that can influence the decision process on the engagements reviewed. Your role will require you to recognize repeatable industry specific patters/practices in Industry and cross industry and work with the other managers to create and reuse artifacts.
- Leverage analysis/data analytics to generate insights on customer engagement, delivered solutions, and technology impact to inform and recommend ways to reshape our business, propose new business models and enhance our ecosystem through broad application of solutions and influencing the product roadmap
- Foster a data-excellence driven culture by solving cross-organizational problems, sharing best practices, and creating insightful dashboards and Power BI views that help optimize customer engagements.
- Working across multiple teams in Microsoft as a key operational stakeholder managing customer engagements.
Here is what we’d like from you or be passionate to learn about:
- At least 5+ years of experience in program management, project management or consultant role
- At least 1 + years of experience working with cloud computing technologies
- We require an individual with a strong track record demonstrating abilities to structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycles and a track record of working closely with a large development team
- AZ900 certified
- Due to either the complexity of industry scenarios or the relevance of the opportunities to be managed, the individual requires solid negotiation skills and executive presence
- Understanding of business drivers and emerging trends in the industry
- Functional knowledge in cloud computing and mobile technologies, and a drive to continuously learn
- Scrum master or related project management skill (Preferred)
- Ability to leverage and harness data from various sources to interpret patterns and trends with application across the Program Management Office teams and industry stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leveraging diverse perspectives, technologies and organizations to pro-actively respond to customer needs in an integrated and aligned manner
- Able to travel 25% (will require international travel)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.