|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join a world class strategic sourcing team surrounded by a diverse array of peers from various industries and backgrounds where you’ll unlock opportunities in Microsoft’s procurement of indirect services across professional, marketing, real estate and technical services categories. Your role as a Senior Category & Supplier Diversity Manager is responsible for leading and managing category strategy development and deployment for Microsoft Procurement’s Strategic Sourcing function. This includes analyzing and identifying strategic category imperatives aligned to Microsoft’s core values and strategic objectives, including Supplier Diversity. Your role is a critical enabler to helping Microsoft’s employees and business partners achieve more through our strategic suppliers and sourcing process while focusing on inclusive growth. We recognize that a stronger and more productive business ecosystem requires better representation of the diversity in our communities. You will leverage your background, expertise, customer obsession and innovation mindset to deliver success while reporting to our Group Manager/Director for Strategic Sourcing in MS Procurement.
How you will make a difference
Leadership and collaboration:
- Develop, manage, and maintain prioritized enterprise indirect spend category strategies and taxonomy. Lead, develop, and manage complex enterprise category strategies as defined by Strategic Sourcing leadership. Identify, research and curate existing diverse suppliers as well as introduce new diverse suppliers for key categories.
- Consult across Procurement and various business leaders to ensure appropriate identification, qualification, and inclusion of diverse suppliers in RFx and business opportunities. Collaborate with Sourcing teams to identify diverse supplier opportunities in upcoming competitive bids and to familiarize those teams with identified diverse supplier capabilities.
- Partner with Business Process Outsourcing providers who support Procurement to deploy category and supplier diversity strategies and insights through multiple sourcing programs and enterprise tools working across the enterprise to ensure consistency, scale and reporting.
- Work with Microsoft’s Supplier Diversity professionals and external supplier diversity partner councils (MBE Councils, WBE Councils, Veterans Councils, Disability Councils, LGBTQ Councils) to develop networks, support sourcing programs, and identify actionable opportunities for diverse suppliers to grow business and support Microsoft’s goals.
Research, planning and curation of category strategies:
- Partners with key Procurement teams and industry sources to scan the business environment, keeping abreast of business strategy changes, global approaches, and emerging trends on an ongoing basis. Assimilates changes in customer needs to identify special category-related opportunities & research.
- Supports the development of business-aligned supplier strategies that leverage relevant category best practices, supplier diversity and key metrics. Leverages standard nomenclature, categorymanagement strategy, planning and development process leadership.
- Synthesizes the above knowledge to develop ideas for category strategy improvement opportunities for Strategic Sourcing and its business partners.
- If requested, develops an overall program to clarify, prioritize and manage the development of category strategies within the respective category family within Procurement’s control.
- Where necessary, assists sourcing managers with the establishment of cross-functional teams to focus on specific categories.
- Assesses business requirements, spend and supply market analysis components of category strategies.
- Assists in the development of systems and practices that will provide improved curation, search, and supplier profile, spend visibility.
- Collaborates well to ensure the effective integration between category management and other components of the procurement such as contract management, supplier performance management, sourcing and knowledge management.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong growth mindset. You’re seeking to solve for difficult business challenges together
- Proven ability to lead, build trust and be highly credible across levels of organizations
- Knowledge within supplier spend categories spanning engineering, marketing and/or professional services and ability to make confident recommendations to executive, business decision makers
- Execute sourcing within the contracting lifecycle to include multiple project types such as strategic sourcing, quick-turn sourcing/negotiations, and contract re-development/negotiations
- Digital Transformation Driver - Anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions to customers, building trust with stakeholders and translating Microsoft solutions into business impact and outcomes that accelerate our digital transformation
- Established knowledge (and observed application) of best practice sourcing methodologies including strategic sourcing, supply base innovation and transformation, and contract negotiations
- Robust project management skills as applied to the sourcing process that align to exceeding schedule and scope expectations for Microsoft stakeholders
- Strategic focus with the ability to analyze, formulate, and implement procurement strategies to significantly increase productivity and optimize shared value for a global business
- BS/BA degree plus minimum (7) years business experience in the field of procurement and /or strategic sourcing in a large corporation
- Proven cross-functional team facilitation experience preferred
- Experience working successfully with international businesses and understanding the intricacies and nuances of various cultures and countries
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities in finance and business subjects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.