|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Customer Engineer (CE) provides technical leadership for customers around the world to promote health in their IT environments through onsite, remote and dedicated services. PFE partners with Commercial Technical Support and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Microsoft Services Field Engineering capability worldwide.
As part of Microsoft's Services Organization a PFE provides various services to our customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues and ultimately improve the health of our customers' environments. The PFE's work with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to maintain and troubleshoot their solution in line with Microsoft best practices. When things do go wrong we provide rapid on-site expertise to resolve critical situations.
The Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement CE must be able to cover the following tasks:
- Provide proactive and reactive services to our customers
- Short term engagements through onsite assistance and proactive engagements, such as educational workshops & health checks
- Long term engagements with Dedicated Support Engineering
- 25% Travel throughout the region
- Services delivered by highly skilled engineers with deep technical expertise in the product
This is a unique opportunity for individuals that possess a deep technical expertise and are able to solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. The PFE sets an example of excellence as a Microsoft representative, enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidate would have 2+ years' experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE, preferably with multiple versions (2011-2016) and Dynamics 365 CE Online.
- Dynamics 365 CE Premier Field Engineers should be experienced in implementing, operating, customizing, tuning and troubleshooting Dynamics 365 CE systems, ideally in multiple industries
- Microsoft experience and/or accreditation in SQL and Azure preferred
- Troubleshooting knowledge & skills
- Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management
- Experience in the enterprise customer segment preferred
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships, gain trust and respect for the company
- Engineer must possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills
- Face-to-face customer engagement skills
- Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams
- Communicate at various levels from CIO to the technical staff on the ground
- Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professional – Installation and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 certification preferred but not required at hire
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as required by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.