|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a user experience designer at Microsoft, you will impact millions of users through innovation and improvement of our software solutions and services. We work to provide end users an experience that is immersive and pleasing.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly-collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Our designers are innovative, creative, and work together to improve and build some of the most popular software products in the world. Our mission is to think end-to-end about the user experience, both broadly and deeply. We want to provide users with a flawless experience that’s both immersive and inclusive for each and every customer around the world. We need to know our users and understand their perceptions, desires, needs, frustrations, environments and problems related to Microsoft devices and services.
As a designer on the Azure Data Design team, you are responsible for driving cross-team collaboration with the world’s best user experience researchers, program managers, product planners and developers from the early stages of planning through implementation. We are responsible for user experiences across the Azure Data portfolio of products and our experiences span a variety UI surfaces across desktop applications and the web. You'll collaborate with multiple design stakeholders and help design Microsoft consumer facing products touching millions of users. You’ll need to think strategically, be creative, problem solve and negotiate design solutions, in relation to business goals. Using your abilities to identify new opportunities and generate innovative ideas, you will influence the design direction and make our already popular products even better.
- Capable of rapidly converting output from brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs and prototypes
- Ability to produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Accomplished at presenting design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts.
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental design principles around visual and interaction design, as well as a proven record of applying a good design process.
- Ability to adapt to a deeply technical workspace that supports a vibrant ecosystem around the data estate that is constantly evolving in technical capability.
- Ability to drive a product team of towards a common goal, remove roadblocks, prioritize/scope work and make sure that forward progress is being made.
- Maintain a broader perspective on one’s products, the surrounding technical/social ecosystem, evaluate cross-product opportunities and integrate diverse perspectives into the process of design.
- Strong focus on mentoring others on design thinking and its effective application.
- Strong project management skills to keep your project on track in a variety of team environments.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic/Visual Communications Design, Industrial or Product Design, HCI or related field.
- 8+ year’s industry experience in the field with a track record of solving customer problems with good design.
- A portfolio of past work that demonstrates your interaction and visual capabilities, illustrates your process and shows your evolution as a designer.
- Fluent in the design tools of today – mainly Figma and Sketch.
- Knowledge of methods for gathering, analyzing and responding in design to user research data and business requirements.
- Understanding of the technical side of the data ecosystem – the storage, use and storytelling capabilities of modern data engineers/scientists.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.