|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As an Android Engineer,you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers.The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Android Teamand work with the larger Flipgrid organization to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Deliver Android experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to the Flipgrid community.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with what is delivered.
- Deliver experiences that are rooted in a design-driven approach that adhere to the Androiddesign language and industry best practices.
- Work with the product development team in driving innovative approaches to solving common problems.
- Ensure all delivered user-facing elements follows accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Android experience with an emphasis on building large-scale, world-class apps.
- Experience developing world-class applications in Android Studio using Kotlin and/or Java.
- Strong working knowledge of the UI/Layout APIs and the ability to create complex and responsive views.
- Proficient understanding of data persistence/database frameworks (Realm, SQLite).
- Excellent working knowledge of REST APIs and consuming/modeling API-driven content.
- Design-driven with a strong understanding of the Android Material Design specification and best design practices.
- Experience in media capturing, editing, transcoding, and playback.
- Proficient in delivering accessible apps that leverage touch and spoken feedback.
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Strong cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience analyzing and improving service efficiency and reliability.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.