|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about making a meaningful, durable difference in the world? Are you passionate about working for a company that is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Would you be excited to lead a team to create new experiences that provide equitable access to products and services at Microsoft scale? Come join the Empower team to invent new signature experiences to empower everyone, including people with permanent and situational disabilities, to achieve more.
The Windows, Developers and Experiences (WDX) organization is looking for an experienced Program Manager (PM) Manager to create equitable experiences for people with disabilities that can be extended to benefit many other users.
WDX works across Microsoft to demonstrate empathy and make customers happy. We strive to deliver extraordinary experiences that enable people across the spectrum of disabilities to enjoy all the products and services in the Windows ecosystem. And, we explore and deliver opportunities to deliver better experiences for everyone by extending these experiences for other users. As a PM team, we work with users and customers to identify the opportunities to deliver the greatest impact, collaborate with Design to envision new experiences, and collaborate with Engineering to make the vision a reality. We work directly with people with disabilities on our team, through advisory groups, industry events and many other channels. We work across disciplines including with Microsoft Research, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing and many others. We work with product teams including Azure, Edge and Office.
The PM Manager will collaborate with a global team to launch a new suite of experiences for people with limited manual dexterity or mobility disabilities. They will also build portfolios of hearing and cognitive experiences and deliver new experiences at Windows scale in both the near and mid-terms. Desirable candidates will have a natural aptitude for identifying customer and business impact and for communicating with senior leaders. They will have experience building empathy, understanding and support to invest in new experiences. They will be comfortable balancing their portfolio with the optimal combination of quick wins and longer-term bets to demonstrate progress towards our shared goals. If this sounds like you, you might be a great fit!
- Develop and execute strategic plans to build world-class equitable experiences across the Windows ecosystem.
- Partner with and align teams across the WDX organization and Microsoft to deliver delightful experiences for people with disabilities, including people with mobility, hearing and cognitive disabilities.
- Manage a team of subject matter experts who enable our engineering partners to deliver world class accessible products and services via consultations, training, education, and guidance.
- Identify, leverage, and evangelize opportunities to improve accessibility and inclusive design practices and awareness across Windows.
- Convey complex compliance concepts and requirements to engineering partners in ways that resonate.
- Work closely with Microsoft corporate teams and partners to serve as the voice of the customer to the business on matters related to accessibility.
- Customer obsession, and a real passion for accessibility
- Knowledge and/or experience in mobility, hearing and/or cognitive disability
- Demonstrated people management capabilities for 2+ years
- Demonstrated ability to define objectives and measure key results
- Ability to deal well with – and potentially thrive – in ambiguity and successfully execute across a complex, highly-matrixed environment
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to adapt and tailor communications for different audiences
- Strategic thinker who can identify inclusive business opportunities across multiple business groups, independently drive alignment and execute action plans that bring focus and synergy
- Either 7+ years of proven engineering Program Management or Product Development, driving efforts across multiple disciplines and teams
- Or 7+ years’ experience in Software Development, Software Development Management, or equivalent
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas or combination thereof: Accessibility, Diversity and Inclusion, Inclusive Design
- Experience leveraging artificial intelligence to deliver natural user interfaces
- Experience envisioning and building multimodal interfaces
- Experience with change management and/or driving cultural change
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.