|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a team of deeply technical Apps & Infra/Data and AI Cloud Solution Architects (CSA) to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across different industries. This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time employee Apps & Infra/Data and AI CSA that will cover Enterprise customers in their respective territory. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer success through customer retention and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate CSA. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSA role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering or consultative delivery required
- 10+ years of experience in people management required
- 7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required
- Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions required
- Strong technical understanding of Applications & Infrastructure/Data and AI Enterprise cloud workloads required
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles required
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation n needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time - required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Apps n Infra CSA Manager: Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
- Prior work experience in other global enterprise software and/or services companies desired
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.