|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Our Customer Engineers (CE) are dedicated to improving the overall customer experience, serving as the customer advocate within Microsoft and playing a key role in assisting our clients to maximize their investment in Microsoft technologies.
You’ll be part of something bigger, helping craft support delivery plans to meet customer needs. Your key to success is your passion for customers, demonstrated professionalism and quality in all aspects of the customer experience such as understanding and optimizing databases and data visualization, designing and developing AI solutions (e.g., bots, IoT, cognitive services, machine learning), and delivering with high quality on meaningful engagements.
CEs are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within Data & AI. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services, as well as, technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract. As part of our team, you will help customers unlock the value of their data through on premise and remote support.
As a Data and AI CE, you will:
- Be part of a thriving practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience
- Work with customers to identify business requirements
- Optimize customer’s current data solutions and infrastructure
- Take a leadership role supporting customers on projects
- Mentor other CEs sharing share your knowledge and experience
- Provide the following services:
- Proactive Services: Services which promote customer health through Risk Assessments, Health Checks, Code Reviews, or other similar offerings
- Reactive and 24x7 Critical Situations support: Reactive services which address the most critical customer issues
- Dedicated Support: Engagements that strengthen customer relationships and IT infrastructure & application effectiveness through dedicated support delivery
- Ad hoc Services: Short and time limited engagements focused on customer specific issue remediation or support (e.g. Chalk Talks)
- Workshops and Training: Deliver technical training for customer knowledge transfer and for helping customers to consume Microsoft products and services
- 2+ years of SQL Server or advanced database or advanced analytics experience
- 3+ years of technical expertise in an enterprise environment
- Deep technical or architectural knowledge of at least 2 of the following areas:
- Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – performance tuning and optimization, trouble-shooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security
- Database development (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – designing and building database solutions (tables, stored procedures, forms, queries, etc.)
- Business intelligence – combining knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports
- Advanced data analytics – designing and building solutions using technologies such as Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, SQL DW, stream analytics, machine learning, R server
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- B.S./B.A. preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with diverse cultures and customers and able to obtain a valid passport within 90 days of joining the team
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language if applicable. Ability to speak other languages a plus
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
- Ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. Travel ranges from 25% to 75% depending on location.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.