|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Federal is seeking a world class Account Technology Strategist (ATS) in the Washington DC area to work HHS and SSA. At the highest level, the ATS is responsible for engaging with both business and IT decision makers to understand their mission, challenges, architecture and articulate how Microsoft can enable them to achieve their IT and business goals.
We are looking for you to master our customer’s industry and business, the markets in which customers operate, and Microsoft’s capability to help them drive their digital transformation. You may have a track record in our customers' industries and may have performed in positions such as CIO, CTO, CDO. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities. You may also share a common set of characteristics – such as strong leadership and people skills - and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value.
The Account Technology Strategist will be responsible for the following:
Digital transformation –Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition
Leadership –Orchestrating technical teams in order to help solidify the path to the complex, yet exciting journey that is digital transformation. Beyond orchestration, you will display the ability to rely on the help of others and ensure there is a vested interest to engage
Technical architecture ownership - Leading the design and delivery of technical architectures in industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
Technical sales leadership – Differentiating yourself by having a combination of a strong focus on line-of-business platform and related industry solutions
Executive presence – Owning relationships with technology executives –CIO/CTO and members of their office and influencing relationships with CEO/CFO
As an Account Technology Strategist, you will add value by:
- Building Trusted Relationships with customer Decision Makers, including their Chief Technology and Information Officers, and decision makers within the customer’s business units.
- Sharing your broad knowledge of the Microsoft Platform, our competition, and the industry to create a vision of how Microsoft can be the customer’s best partner to take their business to new heights.
- Gathering and sharing broad insights about customers and the IT Technology landscape with your Microsoft colleagues.
- Demonstrating technical leadership by working with your team and Microsoft resources to leverage Microsoft Cloud Technologies to drive Customer Success.
- Promote the long-term growth of Microsoft through the adoption and sustained usage of our cloud solutions by customers.
Microsoft Account Technology Specialists are unique in their:
- Broad knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise Platform and ability to map relevant Microsoft Technologies to the customers’ IT and Business needs and priorities.
- Ability to build long-term Trusted Technology Relationships that result in solid and meaningful Strategic Technology conversations.
- In-depth knowledge of customers’ Technology environments.
- Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest Microsoft innovations and solutions.
- Focus on long-term, sustainable growth and customer adoption.
Strong ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact customer adoption and usage.
- Proven technical acumen
- Experience in Consultative Selling is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in working within virtual teams is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills with equally good listening skills is preferred
- Federal sector experience and understanding of the industry competitive landscape is preferred.
- Experience in Project Management is recommended.
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing or equivalent experiernce.
- 10 years+ experience in developing/delivering technical solutions, sales, services or program management in Public Sector market segment
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.