|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers.
Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: https://aka.ms/meettheteam
We are looking for a highly talented, energetic team player who has experience in Azure or AWS services as well as bare metal technologies. Our Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are persistent problem solvers, always focused on mitigating issues and owning a problem until resolution is in place. To accomplish this, they work in close collaboration with various engineering teams. They are also involved in automation, developing tools to support DevOps model, and analyzing vast amounts of data to find trends and suggest improvements. Creativity and data-driven decision making is heavily valued in this emerging role.
Drive compliance processes and tracking around security, accessibility, data privacy and more. Work with both the Site Reliability team and a wide range of engineering groups to ensure all of our systems are built correctly and can keep up with a continually evolving set of best practices across Microsoft.
- Execute and manage Security and Compliance related work while collaborating with Site Reliability Engineering and the developmentteams.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the services, take ownership for keeping services status ‘green’ in Fundamentals dashboard.
- Manage KPI onboarding programs within expected timeframes while continually driving increased effectiveness.
- Prioritize and Manage different deliverables for Site Reliability Engineering team around service availability and security.
- Execute BCP (business continuity planning), Accessibility, Privacy programs for services.
- Required Experience: +3 years of experience in program management or product management shipping enterprise/B2B products
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of Devops/SRE tools and services.
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and different teams.
- Possess an understanding of security, business continuity, privacy, and accessibility in a cloud environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills, proven ability to handle difficult and time-sensitive situations.
- Familiarity with at least one cloud platform technology (Azure, AWS), particularly related to the Security, Compliance & Identity areas.
- Strong project management including Agile methodologies, continuous integration delivery mechanisms, ability to quickly spot and implement industry trends.
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Experience working in a global organization and working with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment core competencies.
- Good understanding of application security principles such as Auth, certificates, vulnerabilities etc.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.