|Job Type:||Full Time|
Windows Core User Experiences - Engineering Manager
The Windows Core User Experiences team is responsible for driving new innovation and amazing end user experiences for our Windows and Surface Hub customers around the world, and we’re looking for a strong technical and cultural leader to help us build the future of Windows Experiences!
It’s never been more important to help our customers collaborate and be productive together in these unprecedented times. As an engineering leader on the Windows Core Experiences team, you and your team will be responsible for defining and delivering the next generation of experiences, adapting it for the future of collaboration, including voice input, seamless Teams integration, and multi-modal inputs, enterprise/management as well as adaptive user experiences to meet customer needs around collaboration and remotely working together – starting with the Surface Hub product, and building solutions to enable us to also bring those advances to Windows 10 as well.
The Engineering Manager (EM) for this area will lead a group of talented IC engineers to create a technical strategy, a team vision, and drive engineering delivery that brings together the magic of our Windows Software experiences, with the brilliant hardware from our Surface team. We’re looking for a leader that’s excited about being a great coach and mentor, as well as passionate about driving technical projects (across hardware and software teams).
In our team culture, we value innovation, clear and concise communication, and we strive to ensure all ideas and voices are heard. It begins with the interview process! Prospective candidates will be asked submit a document describing their vision for the space, as well as their ideas around contribution to our team culture.
This role will require great collaboration with partner teams, coaching and growing a team of engineers, and leading/inspiring that team to deliver great products that deliver data driven business impact.
In particular this leader should have:
- Great Team Leadership Skills: Be a great coach, model our company values for the team, while creating an inclusive, fun and supportive environment where every employee can do their best
- Strategic Leadership and Judgement: Work with the leadership team to define the success metrics for the Surface Hub product, as well as next gen Windows Experiences. Drive strategy initiatives and provide thought leadership
- Planning and Execution: Dig into technical details while managing the bigger picture of product delivery. Drive an engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and smooth execution is facilitated
- Communication and Collaboration: Be a great communicator and collaborator to foster working relationships with partners across Windows, COSINE, Surface (and others)
- Microsoft Values and Culture Leadership: Be a keen representative of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles and have a positive impact on team morale and work climate
- 6+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple projects
- Technical experience in C/C++, platform components and shipping large scale SW projects
- Previous experience driving v-teams, or people management experience a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Track record of a passion and interest in cultivating team talent and culture, including recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- Experience in Windows Operating systems would be a big plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.