|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Business Operation’s mission is to make it easy to do business with Microsoft and to deliver innovative and efficient operational solutions that create great customer experiences. Our charter is to launch, transact, improve process and close gaps. If you love working with partners and are inspired by leading deep business analysis of in-market and future business models, applying that analysis to product and services launch motions, curating best practices from multiple lines of business, while ensuring voice of partner feedback and compliance by design are built in programmatically, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations, we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy!
The Manager of Partner Business Operations leads the team of Operations Key Account Managers and Partner Business Managers to support new growth through readiness, effective change management while maintaining healthy ecosystem experiences and sentiment through closed loops listening processes. The manager is directly responsible for the performance of those individuals and their respective partners & partner groups. This role is accountable to collaborate, set and drive the overall vision for each of the respective roles and to deliver the broader book of business as outlined below.
- Accountable for strategic partner management of key accounts to accelerate business transformation.
- Accountable for operational excellence and readiness of Device Partner ecosystem.
- Responsible to understand the market & business needs, with input from both internal and external organizations.
- Organizational leader charged with managing & accelerating business transformation of Device Partner Ecosystem (Top Volume OEMs, Local Device Partners, Device Distributors & Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers)
- Accountable for delivery of Voice of Partner data, insights and themes related to operations execution, as well as new business motions (programs, capabilities, compliance, etc)
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in working effectively in cross-functional international teams (often virtual) comprised of full time employees and vendors. They should also possess strong leadership & organizational skills and positively influence others. Additionally, can think creatively, be analytical, objective and independent, and speak in both business and technical terms. They will play a critical role in managing a group of individuals responsible for managing across all device partners to ensure appropriate preparedness for new capabilities and revenue opportunities, while minimizing/eliminating operational friction for existing revenue streams.
- 5+ years minimum management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of experience
- Experience leading broadly with global teams, multi-functions and across organizations
- Experienced customer/account manager
- Strong relationship & stakeholder management
- Masters or MBA
- Excellent communication skills and leader with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
- Build a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new external and internal talent.
- Creates an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team.
- Effectively communicates business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
- Facilitates an environment of inclusion of diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, innovations and execution management; ability to influence without authority
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.