|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about accelerating impact with educators, students, and institutions worldwide to inspire students to leverage technology to change the world? The Future-Ready Skills Team for Worldwide Public Sector is looking for a Business Strategy Manager to drive holistic skills and student program engagement in K-12 to encourage more diversity and interest in students learning about technology, coding and computer science.
About the Organization:
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence and education.
The Future-Ready Skills Team drives strategy and engagement in K12 Education and Higher Education to empower students to gain the skills needed for the digital economy and employability, while supporting educators and institutions to evolve curriculum and leverage products to bring new learning experiences to their students.
About the Role:
In this Business Strategy Manager role, you will define Microsoft’s strategy in STEM across K12 Education and create programs and sales engagement to land with customers. You will champion the Minecraft: Education Edition strategy and field engagement, in partnership with the product team, to help customers leverage Minecraft: Education Edition and build a better world through the power of play. You will also shape Microsoft’s leadership in the K12 Computer Science (CS) space, driving thought leadership with Ministries of Education and system leaders as they evolve curriculum to best teach students CS skills. By working with institutions and partners to educate on offerings and to develop programs, we’ll be helping to drive the future of jobs and close talent gaps around the world, while empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
You will report to the Future Ready Skills Leader on the WWPS Global Market Development team.
We are looking for someone with a tenacious passion for education, who has some understanding of technology and STEM to be able to articulate and create offerings, along with eagerness to continue to learn and develop along the way.
What you will be doing:
- Elevate Microsoft’s market perception/thought leadership through the employability, STEM and Computer Science conversation
- Drive Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE) globally, supporting institutions and educators to deploy and use M:EE to create immersive, interactive experiences for students
- Create new frameworks to support Microsoft’s K12 STEM activities, while developing new ideas and programs to advance market opportunities
- Land and increase adoption of Minecraft, MakeCode, Visual Studio, GitHub and other coding and developer products by building sales strategies, checklists, and marketing assets
- Grow Microsoft’s presence in esports for education
- Drive Education skills business health, managing to meet monthly active usage metrics, working with field seller on customer success plans and visibly increase adoption of all STEM and Computer Science products and offerings
- Work across multiple teams at Microsoft
- Extend partner channel and solution portfolio in global markets. Recruit and retain new skills-focused EDU partners across the spectrum of the business.
- Create and execute global programs at scale through worldwide field teams and roles
- Represent Microsoft in customer meetings and industry events to effectively position Microsoft in the Education sector
- Work across the Future-Ready Skills Team to contribute to team ambitions to from K-HED collectively including STEM, Cloud, Data, AI, and associated technologies
What you will bring to be successful:
- 5+ years’ business, sales, or consulting experience in education / business / technology
- 1+ years’ experience presenting to diverse academic audiences and stakeholders including school and government policymakers, school leaders, educators, education partners and resellers, students and / or parents
- Passion for technology and education with preference for some education sector subject matter expertise
- Demonstrable experience collaborating and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work successfully across a complex, highly matrixed environment
- Passion and proven record for execution with measurable results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity
- Demonstrated strong capability in verbal and written communications skills across a geographically dispersed audience
- Ability to build strong partnerships across organizational lines
Location/Travel: You will be based in Redmond, WA at HQ. You can expect limited travel of up to 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.