|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, New York, New York, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about working on the next wave of computing? Do you have credibility with senior business decision makers, identifying opportunities and crafting innovative solutions that deliver value? Mixed Reality is at the leading edge of a customer’s transformation journey. From augmented reality, to virtual reality, and everything in between, Microsoft Mixed Reality Services, within the MCS Azure Cloud and AI Domain, brings the expertise to transform how customers work with 3D data across devices.
The Mixed Reality Business Development Manager operates at a strategic level with customers and field teams and has deep understanding of the business and technical issues surrounding a Mixed Reality Engagement, including how Mixed Reality empowers Dynamics 365 and Data/AI solutions and the importance of user experience and design led thinking. The role will deliver value by building the territory plan, developing and closing strategic opportunities with account teams, and crafting innovative solutions and proposals. You are responsible for leading the collaborative solution design process and opportunity scope, solution/approach, and budgetary estimations in partnership with the Mixed Reality Delivery team.
- Provides strong leadership for Mixed Reality business prioritization across the territory. This includes close collaboration with the Account Executive (AE), Services Sales Executive (SE), Services Solution Specialist (SSSP), Account Delivery Executive (ADE), Mixed Reality Delivery Teams and Mixed Reality Device Sales and Product Group.
- Develops demand generation plan and engages with customers to identify, generate and nurture new business opportunities. Influences the mindset of customers by challenging the status-quo; showcasing the unique role that Mixed Reality can play and building out business value to support deal value and closure.
- Drives solutions wins by leading envision, design, business case development and customer-centered proposals to ensure quality outcomes and deal velocity. This includes the production of well-crafted Statements of Work (SOW's) that lead to profitable engagements that meet customers' expectations for scope, timelines, and deliverables, and include the reuse of IP as a deal shaping foundation.
- At least 5 years of high technology services sales, solution development or business development experience, strong technical acumen
- Prior experience with emerging technologies centered on mixed reality, strongly preferred
- Prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiencesHigh initiative and self-starting absolutely required
- Proven ability to work with a variety of customers from a variety of enterprises and industries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Must have a customer-obsessed approach to innovation and quality
- Ability to travel up to 50% at times (once travel is safe)
- This position can be based anywhere in the United States. Relocation not available
- Previous experience in AR or VR
- Startup or Services experience
- Significant public sector experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.