|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Casual Games Studio is a small but growing team that is focused on delivering the best casual games for Windows, iOS, and Android. We are looking for an experienced lead developer to join us as we update our portfolio of Microsoft Casual Games.
You will be responsible for leading a client development team and feature implementation throughout existing C# and C++ code bases. You will work closely with our team to work on a variety of game clients on a range of touch and keyboard-based devices. We are a small team and we are looking for individuals that can do more than just “write code.” We want self-motivated individuals that are excited to dream, design, code and support great new features in the world of casual gaming.
As a member of the Microsoft Casual Games team you will:
- Lead and coach a team of software engineers. Provide expert guidance, hands-on assistance, and best practices.
- Develop implementation plans for new game features on the client, according to functional requirements & feature specifications
- Help write functional requirements and specifications
- Consult on a regular basis with project leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other programmers to deliver new experiences, tools, and new features
- Develop features and code spanning multiple game clients and shared libraries across multiple titles
- Document code for portability and future development
- Multitask between features, platforms and projects fluidly
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing a team of 3-5 engineers
- Experience as a systems, feature or client developer for multiple C# or C++ games
- 10+ years of professional programming experience using C# and C++
- A passion for games and gaming, specifically casual games
- Strongly motivated and excited by working on a small nimble team, with ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other team members
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Unity
- Experience writing apps for Windows, iOS, and Android platforms
- Experience with XAML
- Experience working with external developers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.