|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intune is a cloud-based service in the enterprise mobility management (EMM) space that helps enable your workforce to be productive while keeping your corporate data protected. With Intune, you can:
- Manage the mobile devices and PCs your workforce uses to access company data.
- Manage the mobile apps your workforce uses.
- Protect your company information by helping to control the way your workforce accesses and shares it.
- Ensure devices and apps are compliant with company security requirements.
The Intune Monitoring & Data Team is responsible for maintaining and expanding Intune's telemetry and monitoring infrastructure and capabilities with a focus of driving down Time To Detect (TTD), Time To Mitigate (TTM), and the number of customer-reported service disruptions. We are looking for an experienced, passionate professional to help develop cutting edge monitoring and detection capabilities and to provide thought leadership in the monitoring space. As a member of our team you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful production support. Developers in the team can wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
This position is ideal for someone who is:
- Passionate about building and operating reliable distributed systems and high scale services
- Enjoys the challenge of pushing big data to real-time latencies
- Looks to drive innovation within a service and product
- Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them
- Excels at identifying bottlenecks and engineering solutions for performance-sensitive data pipelines
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of Intune scenarios and existing telemetry
- Ensuring our live site meets the availability, reliability and latency requirements by putting in place the right telemetry, monitoring, and detection solutions and strategies
- Identifying gaps in monitoring and detection capabilities, with a focus on detecting issues before they result in service disruptions
- Finding innovative, cost-effective solutions to address gaps
- Helping to lead efforts across Intune to increase adoption of anomaly detection and other machine learning techniques for monitoring and detection
- Expanding our capabilities to detect regressions and other issue in our pre-production environments
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring
- Assisting with devops and live site support
- Automating routine tasks
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software development experience (online services preferred) and experience in testing, deploying and monitoring large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- Excellent C#, C++, C or Java coding skills
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases and data sets, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
- Capable of technical deep-dives into service design, networking, monitoring
- Previous experience with large scale telemetry and monitoring platforms and technologies
- Experience applying anomaly detection / machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.