|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft to help advance Microsoft’s AI Platform? Are you excited about being part of a product group working with Microsoft researchers, data scientists and AI engineering teams to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing in Azure? If so, then look no further than the AI Platform team. AI Platform is responsible for the Azure Machine Learning (Azure ML) and Cognitive Services products.
Azure ML is building the machine learning development platform that makes it easy for all data scientists and AI developers to create and deploy robust and highly scalable ML and AI solutions in the cloud using the best of the open source ecosystem and innovation from inside the company along with the latest breakthroughs in research.
We are hiring an experienced and talented product manager to lead the Azure ML Intelligence team who is passionate about building scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud services for the Microsoft AI Platform. We value creativity and a desire to learn new technologies, agility and accountability.
This team is responsible for delivering solutions which enable users of all skill levels to be able to train and deploy machine learning models by either fully automating the machine learning process or augmenting the skills of trained ML professionals. The team’s current primary areas of focus include:
- Automated machine learning, which enables automated data preparation, model training, hyperparameter tuning and more for a variety of scenarios like regression, classification, natural language processing and more.
- Automated hyperparameter tuning, which accelerates the process of improving the quality of a machine learning model
- Data Labeling, which enables teams to work together to prepare training datasets for supervised learning scenarios
A successful candidate must have the skills of a manager and the proven experience of an individual contributor. As a manager, the candidate should be able to attract new talent to the organization, have experience leading a team, and a record of delivering results. As a proven individual contributor, the candidate should be hands-on with code, data analysis and have a strong sense of ownership. Successful candidates are decisive leaders that are capable of driving through ambiguity amidst evolving requirements, environments, topologies, and workloads.
As a lead product manager on our team, you will help build and develop a high-performing team and participate in developing innovative solutions across AI Platform. Responsibilities include the following.
- Define product strategy and roadmap to deliver value and drive customer engagement
- Define and analyze key engagement and quality of service metrics
- Build and develop a high-performing team by participating in recruiting efforts and providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to the team.
- Ability to work across teams in a large organization
- Organize and participate in an on-call rotation (typically 24/7 for one week every 6-8 weeks)
- Being enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
- Engage directly with customers and serve as a local point of escalation for AI Platform.
- Unblock the team and ensure everyone stays productive
- Demonstrated customer focused innovation in the machine learning field.
- Experience driving machine learning based capabilities in applications and services
- Strong problem solving skills and cross-group collaboration skills are required.
- Ability to build and influence broadly towards common goals and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of how to apply machine learning to real world problems is required. Hands on experience training and/or deploying machine learning models is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, is required.
- At least 7 years of Program or Product Management experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience in managing product management or software engineering teams.
- Experience with distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with microservices architecture, Kubernetes, Linux, and related technologies is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.