|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Planning and Commercial Licensing organization at Microsoft is responsible for pricing and packaging across Microsoft’s entire commercial portfolio, including its cloud services, client & server software, developer tools, emerging services, and more. It is also responsible for product licensing and licensing programs which govern how customers do business with Microsoft and use our offerings.
As Senior Director of Licensing Programs and Pricing you will be responsible for designing and executing the transformation of Microsoft’s Commercial Licensing. Microsoft is transforming its multi-billion commercial licensing business to provide modern, cloud-based solutions that are more tightly integrated with the underlying sales motion. Partners and sales teams play an essential role across each go-to-market, and you will work with our business planners, commerce engineers, and sales organization to transform how they engage our customers and drive digital transformation.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead and coach a high performing team to hit key priorities and do thoughtful career planning and recruiting.
- Define the change management strategy for new business and go-to-market models & licensing for Microsoft’s portfolio of licensing programs and global pricing business.
- Drive decision making with senior executive stakeholders and orchestrate implementation and execution for launch of new business programs and offers.
- Engage with business planning and sales teams on go to market strategies to land new offers in market and create promotions.
- Represent Commercial Licensing in cross-company licensing forums, field and partner events, etc.
- Define KPIs to measure and track the success of those new sales motions.
- Engage with senior executives within sales and partner organizations to get feedback and adjust those new motions over time.
- Collaborate with sales and partner marketing teams to translate the change plan into a set of well-defined sales scenarios that our partners can understand, explain to customers, and transact at scale.
- Coach and mentor others in planning, organizing, and coordinating work.
A successful candidate will draw from many of the following desired qualifications and skills:
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability to lead high performing teams in business planning, program management, program management, management consulting, corporate finance, or strategic pricing.
- Expertise with licensing programs, business models, business transformation, value-based pricing, or pricing research.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal acumen to interact with executives and represent Microsoft in a way that mobilizes customers, partners, and employees.
- Effective analytical and project/change management skills, to deliver on time and on budget while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in change management and leading complex, organization-wide programs.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a broad team, driving successful outcomes with virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent discipline required; MBA/MS preferred.
- Relocation is available once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Travel is less than 10%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.