|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work.
The role in 2 lines - You own your Partner Incentives program end to end. You lead a virtual team and influence the design of the program to maximize its impact in the channel. Compliance is in your DNA. You want to have fun and believe in what you do! If that sounds good, keep reading…
The Global Program Manager role will be a member of the Microsoft Incentives Operations team within Microsoft Operations. Our organization supports Microsoft's strategy to leverage our partners as extended sales force to help Microsoft accelerate securing revenue. We are a fast-paced, results oriented group within Microsoft Operations that interacts with the Business Groups, Partner Groups, Engineering teams, Regional Operations Centers, Finance, Customer Service and many more organizations to ensure our Partner Incentive programs are operationalized with efficiency. We are responsible for designing, launching, improving (in market) and executing operational solutions for Global Programs and Process that payout incentives to Microsoft Partners.
Here is your profile - You have deep experience in business program management with focus on operations. You have a passion for excellence and quality execution. You love the challenge of solving big, bold problems. You see opportunities when others see failures. You are a great communicator, able to customize your message to many layers in a large Corporation and you are comfortable delivering difficult messages when required. You are a strategic thinker (big picture) with ability to connect the dots and you have an ability to go immediate to ground level details. You are a meticulous program manager, knowing the end to end process flow for how your program works and understanding how the business rules need to be executed operationally. You are a rigorous project manager and take pride in delivering solid, clean projects. You are tenacious in unearthing risks and mitigate them proactively, engaging whoever you need for support to do this.
You will own relationships with various Business, Operations and Engineering groups in understanding existing processes and systems supporting the end to end execution of your program, drive improvements to the same and support definition of future state requirements.
- Subject matter expert for all aspect of operations for your program - understand the end-to-end flow, how the business rules are executed and ensuring compliance is the top priority. Holds deep insights into program performance and program execution health. Leverages these insights to address gaps and opportunities with the goal to deliver greater program performance and utilization rate by partners.
- Accountable for high quality, compliant end to end program Optimization and Instrumentation for the operational processes supporting your program - work with your capability manager peers to ensure integrity of your end to end process and ability to deliver on programmatic goals through operational processes.
- Identify requirements for program change from policy stakeholders, assess feasibility to deliver, create a working Plan of Record/roadmap items for enhancements/change, drive change control, proactively identify and manage risks and issues, strong focus on escalation management/future mitigation, triage, cross group coordination and milestone management.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective working relationships with key stakeholders facilitate proactive planning, agreement on cross group delivery plan of record, smooth communication and risk/issue tracking and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience
- 8+ years of relevant business experience within Operations, IT, Sales Incentives Operations, or other relevant roles
- 6+ years of demonstrated Global Program Management, Capability or Project Management experience preferably in an Operations environment
- Strong project/program management experience
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others, has the ability to mentor and coach others
- Conflict/Negotiation management; ability to impact and influence at a GM or VP level
- High energy individual with a “can do” attitude
- Strong end to end thinking with process orientation; ability to develop enterprise-wide solutions
- Good analytical and organization skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.