|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Cloud Computing and looking for an opportunity to influence strategic decision making that will have a long-term impact on Microsoft’s future? If so, this is the role for you!
The Microsoft Capacity, Supply Chain, and Provisioning (CSCP) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. CSCP’s vision is to Empower Customers to Achieve More by Delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. The organization is responsible for Microsoft’s Customer cloud promise of delivering on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We cover all Microsoft Online Services, supporting over 200 businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Microsoft Azure branded services.
The Cloud Capacity Planning (CCP) team within CSCP function is at the forefront of the Capacity Fulfillment promise for the Microsoft cloud. Within CCP is the Network hardware capacity planning team, which manages the capacity planning for the network infrastructure hardware. The team works with partners within CCP, CSCP, Finance, and the Engineering Groups to deliver capacity and enable new technologies and hardware transitions for scale and agility. We are looking for experienced individuals with extraordinary leadership and demonstrated large-scale planning & project management success. You should have exceptional technical acumen, planning expertise, and have the executive presence to lead complex and time sensitive initiatives.
The Network hardware planning team is seeking an experienced leader to work across the breadth of the organization to deliver infrastructure services. This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility. This role will interface between key stakeholders across CSCP, Engineering and finance to plan for network infrastructure.
- Provide subject matter expertise in networking, across all tiers.
- Lead capacity planning for technology transitions /design changes through network refresh programs, site refreshes, etc. Collaborate with cross functional teams, track progress of projects for on-time completion. Drive continuous improvement in processes.
- Create a hardware capacity planning framework and process for life cycle management of network devices.
- Develop framework for effective constraints planning to enable on time capacity.
- BS/MS degree Engineering or frelated field?
- 12+ years of experience in networking/ supply chain/planning/tech transition/related roles
- Network capacity planning/Datacenter/Cloud experience highly desirable
- Deep understanding of networking domain is highly desirable.
- Exceptional problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong program/ project management skills and understanding of financial concepts.
- Advanced experience with applications such as MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work in a flexible, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated cross-group leadership, clear communicator, ability to convey, summarize and communicate ideas effectively.
- Resourceful at identifying the right stakeholders and driving stakeholder work streams.
- Strong executive presence, and communication skills that drive influence among senior leaders across the organization.
- Fostering an environment where people can thrive, do their best work and feel appreciated and recognized.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.