|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Customer Engineers (CEs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
Support Management - 50%
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them.
- Provides the most effective method of service delivery by analyzing trends and common themes across customers.
- Create deliverables to address common customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engages in strategic service delivery planning, in partnership with the virtual account team (VAT), to strengthen targeted customer relationships.
- Gathers customer impressions of products and services and integrates this feedback into decision making.
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers.
- Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience.
- Develops and communicates realistic performance goals and standards.
- Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services.
- Provides stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues.
Support Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results - 25%
- Seeks opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by collaborating with multiple team members.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate business value and grow customer/partner relationships in alignment with Customer Success business priorities and stakeholder management principles.
- Provides and drives actionable feedback across groups about the customer/partner experience and competitor threats.
- Modifies existing intellectual property (IP) or, where applicable, creates new content.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Product & Technology Expertise
- Value Selling
Leadership and Growing the Business - 25%
- Consistently apply "lessons learned", model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Demonstrates an understanding of his or her role and contribution to customer/partner change management and adoption initiatives.
- Understands customer/partner requirements and can map the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions accordingly.
- Drives and Supports innovation focusing on industry solutions and customer business outcomes on the Mic
Are you a continuous learner with a fervent desire to help guide us with a growth mindset? A great teammate focused on digital transformation? If so, our team is seeking a Customer Engineer (CE, formerly Premier Field Engineer (PFE)) specializing in Windows (Client) Deployment who has embraced the future. Knowing that you have and desire to accept greater challenge, accomplish tasks through others and overcome our customer’s greatest challenges, we desire your deep understanding and ability to deliver timely and creative incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and subsequent knowledge transfer. In this customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Delivery team and other engineers to engage technology decision makers striving to understand their challenges and creatively achieve their greatest objectives.
Built upon proven performance relative to your level, as a CE, you will work with Microsoft's partners and US Government Customers where your contributions will empower our customers to achieve the most from their investment in Microsoft technology and our team. We look to you to...
- Utilize knowledge of the customer environment to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Handle blocking issues and cases, ensuring the most effective resolution of all issues
- Develop and implement support strategies resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments
- Effectively lead critical situations including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management
- Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and other CE team members ensuring enhanced cooperation and mutual support
- Initiate and participate in triage and post-incident meetings sharing knowledge with other engineers and efficiently resolving customer problems
- Assist in the delivery of supportability reviews to your customers
A technical degree or equivalent work experience and 4 plus years of experience in an enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in:
- Virtualization Products (e.g. Hyper-V, VMWare, AKN)
- IT Infrastructure Design and Deployment
- Windows Operating Systems and traditional client/server relationships
- Use of GPOs for management and to apply security
- Applying security via Task Sequence.
- Active Directory services (AD)
- Troubleshooting Windows 10 Desktop issues
- Windows 10 Client deployment/imaging with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Sysprep, WinPE or 3rd-party background.
- WIM creation using Secure Host Baseline (SHB).
- Manage or create Windows 10 in-place upgrades
- Creating patch management strategies using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- SCCM deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting experience
- Operating System Deployment (OSD) Task Sequences in SCCM
- PowerShell scripting experience to focus on automation.
A Plus if You Have Knowledge In:
- Software Updates Management (SCCM SCUP) or 3rd-party background
- MDM to apply security CSP policies
- Modern Desktop deployment using Autopilot
- Intune (MDM/EMS), Azure Active Directory and Enterprise Mobility Suite.
- Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server
- Report creation in SQL Server Reporting Services, Transact-SQL, and knowledge of the ConfigMgr database schema
- Office 365 deployment and updating via Configuration Manager
Work Location(s): Reston, VA
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.