|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business.
At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Here in Gaming Data Services (GDS), we work with a breadth and depth of partners across Xbox. We are looking for a data scientist to join our group and help us accelerate product development using experimentation, statistical analysis, and ML modeling. This candidate will work with product teams to accelerate their growth, enable data-driven and customer obsessed design, and build better experiences for Gaming. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the use of experimentation in the Xbox organization, driving an end-to-end experimentation lifecycle including hypothesis generation, experimental design, implementation, and analysis. You will guide your stakeholders in their decision-making and collaborate with user research to understand the customer experience. The successful candidate will be passionate about data and the scientific method, and have a desire to apply their knowledge to improve Xbox products and services.
- Works with product managers, engineering, user researchers and other data scientists to formulate data-driven and scientifically rigorous answers to business problems and customer needs.
- Drive innovation by developing new models, experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches that could sharpen our product decision-making process.
- Builds and maintains trust relationships with product stakeholders and is motivated to enable them to build solutions with direct customer/ business impact.
- Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- A MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline is preferable, but a candidate with BS combined with meaningful hands on industry experience in problems relating to Data Science is also acceptable.
- 2 + years’ industry experience applying data science, machine learning, and statistics
- Experience working with large distributed data sets to derive actionable insights.
- Development experience in R/Python/SAS or similar programming language
- Experience using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, Hive queries, etc.
- Strong communications skills, in particular written research results and effective presentations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.