|Job Type:||Full Time|
Many millions of users depend on Skype, Skype for Business and now Teams for every day instant messaging, conferencing, app sharing and more. In the IC3 Infrastructure team, we are building a massively scalable, highly reliable, geo-redundant system that allows users and administrators to easily manage the system. This information must be available for many other services to consume at very high rates and with very low latency. It also allows the internal engineering teams to change the behavior of their services, manage controlled rollouts and conduct experiments.
The ideal candidate must possess the combination of experience and expert knowledge in the realms cloud services, engineering best practice, problem solving, and large-scale systems. This is an engineering delivery role requiring excellent communications and collaboration skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of stake holders including external partners.
The candidate must be self-directed andable to work interdependently with strategic partners both inside and outside of Microsoft and must be passionate about delivering positive business impact. The candidate must be an effective communicator, written and verbal, capable of communicating deep technical insights from complex architecture and topology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participate and lead in deep technical discussions with internal stake holders as well as external partners.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of IC3 Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Define Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for repeatable engineering tasks
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all IC3 infrastructure
- Understand and leverage common IC3 and Office 365 data assets & tools to establish repeatable service insights
- Analyze and validate service issues using data and statistical tools to ensure only high quality and reliable insights are communicated to stake holders
- Proactively identify interesting areas for deep dive investigations with potentially high business impact
- Leverage industry best practices to establish repeatable Service Engineering practices, principles & processes.
- Collaborate with Microsoft teams to advance and evangelize best practices for Service Engineering.
- Able to understand and translate business & product questions into engineering projects
- A mix of technical, development, and program management skills
- Excellent time and task management discipline
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent at collaborating with people of various skillsets to define and deliver work tasks
- Self-motivated, agile, passionate, inquisitive, and driven to think out-of-the-box
- Consistent and healthy sense of urgency
- Ability to influence diverse audiences with data driven insights and build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Ability to articulate vision, requirements, and benefits to business and engineering partners
- 5-6 years of experience in cloud based services
- College degree required
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.